What if Broly?

Nèro

High Class Warrior
Donor
GT is awesome because of Omega Shenron.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
Toriyama's creativity for Dragonball Super completely demolishes GT, which rehashes old ideas. Such as Androids, Super Saiyan transformations, the Metamoran dance, et cetera. Dragonball Super threw all of this into the garbage and invent new ideas and expanded the Universe.

Dragonball Super feels like Toriyama whereas GT feels more like TOEI.

Nèro

High Class Warrior
Donor
Yeah, SSB is far more creative than SSJ4. Simply change the color of SSJ. :troll

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
How does Super not rehash old ideas? The entire first two arcs are just reruns of the films, and the new transformations are just palette swaps.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
They had to rerun the films, for the people who can't afford to make it to a theater or buy a damn DVD. The concept of Saiyan God takes a completely new direction in terms of creativity, whereas SSj4 is just a rehash of the original Super Saiyan concept. The introduction of new Universes and a complete new hierarchy in Dragonball also expands the universe, whereas GT does no such thing.

I don't even think GT can touch Super in terms of creativity, simply because Toei handicapped the show, whereas Toriyama has the freedom to have his influence, to a much greater degree than he did with GT. Hell, GT was receiving terrible reviews and it only picked up pace until Toriyama got involved, that speaks loads.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Global Moderator
They didn't have to rehash the films at all. Could've easily started with U6.

I definitely think GT was more creative and entertaining.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
Omg! Are you serious?! GT was a pile of shit!

Pocket-God

Elite
Why do people hate GT so much exactly?
I find it better than DBS and DB to be honest .-.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I don't know really. I think GT is pretty poor in terms of DB and even Z, but it still outdoes Super in every way.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
By a longshot ^. Gohan was stronger than his Boo arc self at just the beginning of GT, let alone the later arcs.