Why GT failed?

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Maybe it's because they didn't develop and build towards to the villain like they did to Baby and Z villains. How about you?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Even less consistent animation than Z despite running for a 5th of Z's 290+ episodes, godawful fights, boring as hell, incredibly idiotic plot holes despite being produced after the manga finished and many guidebooks were released, trashy characters and OOC moments, retarded feats, even worse Goku wank than BOG and FNF if that's possible, etc.

Much of the same reasons why Super's so criticized now. For being a complete disappointment.

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
GT is fun if you just enjoy the show instead of being obsessed with power levels and consistency, like us hardcore DB fans do.

Alex Boss

High Class Warrior
At first I thought it was trash, but after watching it over again I realized it's actually pretty garbage.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Only redeeming factor is that this faggotry is better than FNF and better animated than Suparar

Uchiha

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
I think

Bebi Saga > (Super) Future Trunks Saga > Shadow Dragons > (Super) U6 > rest of super/gt equally terrible

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I'd say the Dragons arc in GT was worse than U6, since as trashy as Goku and Vegeta's first few opponents were, they were at least more tolerable than that mole faggot and the three or so other shadow dragons that were complete utter jokes. And the ending while superior to most of GT was a copy-pasta of the Boo arc's with the most fiendish Goku wank ever seen.

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
1. The mid-90's was a terrible period for the Japanese anime industry in general. Anime was appealing only to children and "otakus" which lead huge onslaught of mediocre/bad anime.

2. GT itself isn't very good. It had good concepts that weren't utilized well for the most parts, the "fight" scenes are slow and uninteresting, and it shat on pretty much everyone that wasn't Goku.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
That was common with most industries due to Japan's economy having gone to shit in the 90s

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
Dragonball: Was supposed to be a show about dragonballs, turned out to be a show about Goku.
Dragonball Z: Was supposed to be a show about Gohan, turned out to be a show about Goku.
Dragonball GT: Was supposed to be a show about new generation (Goten, Trunks, Pan, Ubb), turned out to be a show about Goku.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
withheldforprivacy said:
Dragonball: Was supposed to be a show about dragonballs, turned out to be a show about Goku.
Dragonball Z: Was supposed to be a show about Gohan, turned out to be a show about Goku.
Dragonball GT: Was supposed to be a show about new generation (Goten, Trunks, Pan, Ubb), turned out to be a show about Goku.
Super? :troll

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The fight scenes were just terrible. Memories of Goku ki spamming Super 17 just came into my mind, jesus christ.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
He lost his brain apparently. I don't know how he couldn't tell that S17 was just tanking the blasts.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
He just fired his 10x kamehameha just to confirmed it?
Episode 46
Time: around 16m35s
Context: Goku has figured out Super No.17's secret
Goku: "So that's it, all right. You took the energy from my Kamehame-Ha and absorbed it! No, not just my Kamehame-Ha, all of my Ki techniques have become energy for him!"
Doctor Mu: "You mean you shot that Times-10 Kamehame-Ha on purpose, just to confirm it? You're a cretin!"
Goku: "That ain't it! The Times-10 Kamehame-Ha is my greatest technique now. If it didn't have any effect, then I am quite honestly in some predicament."
Doctor Mu: "You're taking it like a man, huh, Goku? Then again, I was worried myself a moment ago, that if Super No.17 took on that Times-10 Kamehame-Ha of yours, not even his body would be able to hold out. But apparently, his remarkable craftsmanship goes far beyond what I predicted. He's perfect! Indeed, he is the ultimate gone beyond ultimate Machine Mutant!"
Goku: "That's fine and all, but to sum it up, he's ridiculously strong, right? I can feel it throughout my body, relentlessly! So much so that I can't help but tremble!"
Doctor Mu: "Get him, Super No.17! Show that detestable Saiyan everything you've got!"

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Couldn't he sense 17's "ki" the whole time for some reason too? GT's plot holes make its own logic even stupider.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.