Would DBGT Be Better If Goku Was Grown Up?

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Bill Clinton said:
I don't think that was the main problem.
Well it is one of the major problem with Goku being a kid and act like a childish which opens a door for Pan to take a role.

Classic Adamas

Zeta Elite
Global Moderator
The Goku story could've been handled well. I think Pan really ruined it.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
The main flaw was that everything other than animation quality was drastically inferior to Z, although even that was mired by the garbage tier fights where there's absolutely no meat to any of the punches or blasts, and they spam them like crazy with practically zero effect.

The way they wank Goku and whoever it is that can actually challenge him is also ridiculously head-scratching when they also portray them as hilariously vulnerable, the most humorously stupid example being this faggot crap:

[youtube]TXODoTMnUZM[/youtube]

1/10 anime. Only reason it isn't a 0 is because there were around half a dozen episodes that were bearable.

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
I don't think so, while I think it Goku becoming a child in the first place was COMPLETELY out of left field and could've been averted if he had been turned back into an adult after the Baby Saga, but Goku being a child wasn't GT's problem. I don't even know if I want to say it was a problem....or at least not a HUGE problem.

Diamond Ryan

High Class Warrior
@Atem King of Nigeria Lol at that video. Does he say that in the original Japanese as well, or is it just a dubism?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I mean fuck, maybe he wouldn't play around in Base so much if he was an adult. That shit annoyed the fuck out of me.

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
The straight terrible fight quality in a fighting series killed it completely for me. Like almost all chi blast spam.

It was like they took everything bad from the anime filler and made a series out of it.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Private Ryan said:
@Atem King of Nigeria Lol at that video. Does he say that in the original Japanese as well, or is it just a dubism?

It was dubism, but they also infamously had SSJ4 Goku being cut by glass and the final dragon guy was trying to kill him by throwing a clock he jacked from a tower (no joke) among other things.

Classic Adamas

Zeta Elite
Global Moderator
I think Goku turning into a child had great potential. Maybe three or four episodes of Pilaf and the gang at the start to explain their motivation and logic behind such an idea, more scenes with Goku and Oob, more "slice of life" stuff, just explaining everything better. I think it could work.

Jerk Store

High Class Warrior
Suspended
I don't know about better, I just know I hated GT Kid Goku but not DB Kid Goku.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
It wouldn't have made anything better except the visual of an adult Goku.

Boo Brand Milk

Super Elite
What ruined GT:
- Goku's penis
- Pan
- Goku's penis
- Para Para brothers
- Goku's penis
- The corny 'anime feel' of the black star Dragonball and shadow dragon sagas.
- Goku's penis
- Despite the fact Goku and Trunks could make planets explode with a sneeze somehow they screw around with piss poor villains like Ledgic, Luud, Leon, etc.
- Pan, Omfg
- Dolltaki, really? Creepy as hell like..
- Goku's penis
- Goku Time. Great characters like Uub, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, etc. Were wasted
- Goku's penis
- Goku's penis

Goku being a kid was dumb, but it was not close to being one of GT's huge problems.

Jerk Store

High Class Warrior
Suspended
I like Goku's kid penis cause I had a long conversation with COH and thought, what the hell!?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Don't hate on Dolltaki.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Dolltaki and Pan-chan made a great team inside of Lood's body.

ekrolo2

Low Class Warrior
Am I the only guy who likes GT Goku? He seems to give way more of a damn about other people & the planet rather than just getting a fighting boner like the vast majority of Z.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.