Would you find early DB Roshi's gag as funny?

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
So your 'logic' is: it depends, fiction-wise. If you can't form a hard rule, why claim it's fair reasoning?

Your view is arbitrary, and gets more and more questionable with each response.

Even if some feel the same as you, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll argue o
It depends based on the logic I've highlighted. If anything, your answers are the useless ones since you don't address the points and add nothing beyond trying to sound edgy. Your post overall is useless.
If you acknowledge that there are a whole lot of factors, then it should also be understood that fixating on the analysis of isolated hypotheticals without any firmly established principal isn't practical. Somehow, me recognising your fault is what you consider as adding nothing to the convo. The irony
You didn't recognise shit. You added an adgy comment for the sake of it that added nothing to the convo but belittling things. So yeah, follow your own advise and stop acting like a fool. Funny that those edgy ppl only have the balls to act like this in the internet... doubt you carry this behaviour to real life because you know there're rough ppl (not me btw) who'd just have enough and kick your ass for sounding like a teen over their period. Those are just things ppl have the balls to act on a forum and internet settling. And i only show this attitude when ppl show it first.

The strawman is your constant attempt to make my example look irrelevant, when the actual point (a burdened mind) was absolutely valid, straightforward, and already explained. You claim I'm the one being repetitive when you're the guy trying to re-trace old steps while simultaneously wanting me to spoon-feed you.
Your example was just irrelevant and you didn't explain its relevancy later on at any moment. And you're in no position to spoon feed anyone since you are the one to be spoon fed instead, and pretend it's not by using slide comments that only shows off when you start lacking in arguments. Maybe you could spoon feed your brain basic information so you have a more accurate understanding of things instead of going on a moronic tangent that it shows up when you have not much relevant things to add, fool.
By your logic, can't violence target a specific group? Fictional series often have a bully character that picks on those weaker than them. Bullying is something that tons of people have been on the receiving end of IRL, causing mental struggles, and has led to self-harm and suicide. Are these things at the forefront of your mind when seeing a character getting violently bullied?
I'm not saying the act of violence itself is less serious when practiced on an isolated situation. I'm saying the portrayal of it can be serious when trivialising issues that are more centered and faced overwhelmingly by a specific group.

And in the topic of bullies, many of the movies don't encourage bully or treat it as an ok and humorous things. The bullies most times face harsh consequences... and often times ppl don't laugh when they see a weak physically student character being bullied and beaten up... it's generally not treated as a comedic instance because it highlights more serious issues. Ppl laugh when violence is trivialized in a more general sense or when ppl who get caught in it are the ones to led to it... or in movies where the whole concept of violence is not to be taken seriously and over exaggerated, like in the Devil's Death movies, mainly the last one.
Didn't say you were forced to watch. Quite the opposite. You're arguing for
You kinda did, because you said you can always choose not to look at it, which don't hold as a counterpoint because criticism can exist independently on whether ppl find it cool or not. Maybe you don't know what you say lead to other similar things explained on a slight different way, so maybe I'm the one needing to spoon feed you since you have a very hard time telling what things said can imply other things worded slightly differently. Learn how to think what you wrote can fucking mean.

It's not irrelevant, the only irrelevant thing is the "you can always choose to look away", which holds no weight into ppl liking things displayed or not. Clear to you yet? Yeah, I bet it's not.
en someone isn't entertained by something that carries the purpose of entertainment and instead complains, there's nothing wrong with highlighting that they have the privilege to find other content that satisfies them. That seems more productive than virtue-signalling with shaky rhetoric
And I am again saying your reiteration of it is an imbecility, since I'm not insisting ppl should not like it and what they should do, I was merely saying what I found ok and what not. No shit, I should look into other things... this attempt to hold your add on is pathetic, as I merely presented my PoV regarding the Roshi thing and went in depth later on why I didn't find it cool, which doesn't matter, at all, with the fact of whether I choose to read it again or not, because the criticism remains independently. I was talking from a position of reading it again years after it and the take I have on it compared to beforehand, while your take of "you can just choose to look at other things" is an idiotic one that reflects your lack of self awareness on trash points you make because I was merely stating how I felt when I read then years after the point, not that I was getting bothered by it constantly every time I had to reread that part, in which case, this comment of yours would come in hand.

@Spiral-Force

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
It depends based on the logic I've highlighted. If anything, your answers are the useless ones since you don't address the points and add nothing beyond trying to sound edgy. Your post overall is useless.

You didn't recognise shit. You added an adgy comment for the sake of it that added nothing to the convo but belittling things. So yeah, follow your own advise and stop acting like a fool. Funny that those edgy ppl only have the balls to act like this in the internet... doubt you carry this behaviour to real life because you know there're rough ppl (not me btw) who'd just have enough and kick your ass for sounding like a teen over their period. Those are just things ppl have the balls to act on a forum and internet settling. And i only show this attitude when ppl show it first.

Your example was just irrelevant and you didn't explain its relevancy later on at any moment. And you're in no position to spoon feed anyone since you are the one to be spoon fed instead, and pretend it's not by using slide comments that only shows off when you start lacking in arguments. Maybe you could spoon feed your brain basic information so you have a more accurate understanding of things instead of going on a moronic tangent that it shows up when you have not much relevant things to add, fool.
You're in no condition to handle a debate based on this emotional outburst that has no substance.
I'm not saying the act of violence itself is less serious when practiced on an isolated situation. I'm saying the portrayal of it can be serious when trivialising issues that are more centered and faced overwhelmingly by a specific group.

And in the topic of bullies, many of the movies don't encourage bully or treat it as an ok and humorous things. The bullies most times face harsh consequences... and often times ppl don't laugh when they see a weak physically student character being bullied and beaten up... it's generally not treated as a comedic instance because it highlights more serious issues. Ppl laugh when violence is trivialized in a more general sense or when ppl who get caught in it are the ones to led to it... or in movies where the whole concept of violence is not to be taken seriously and over exaggerated, like in the Devil's Death movies, mainly the last one.
You talk too much about trivialisation, giving off an exaggerated sense of what it represents.

Generally speaking, the writer wants the audience to be immersed in the content that's been produced. Covering a wide range of reactions. For example, joy over a protagonist's triumph or feeling disheartened over a tragic death. Two characters having a brutal fight is not trivial in most cases. The term trivial is more suitable in describing gags, memes, and other things of that nature. There are gag fights or gag-moments within fights from time to time in Dragon Ball, but it's a small portion.

Perverted entertainment is typically used in chunks rather than as a primary focus. There are some longer form content of this genre, like the animes where the boy is submissive to his mistress throughout the series, but that's more of a niche thing. Violence opens the door to battle and gargantuan world building, giving it more potential for extended storylines, so of course it's consumed more by the masses. Never said otherwise.

It seems that the general reaction to stuff like Roshi's perverted gags ranges between: laughter over the situation as a whole, smirking over the ridiculousness of it, or moreso a slight smile or neutral look (which could be due to seeing the scene a bunch of times already, so the reaction isn't as expressive as initially, which can also be the case with people that react multiple times to their favourite comedy skits). There are some that may be like 'how dare he?' for a short amount of time but would still be immersed in the content, continue reacting to what comes next, then go about their day as normal afterwards.

Your agitation and obsessiveness over such scenes, to the point of arguing about it at length on a forum, would represent a small minority.

You kinda did, because you said you can always choose not to look at it, which don't hold as a counterpoint because criticism can exist independently on whether ppl find it cool or not. Maybe you don't know what you say lead to other similar things explained on a slight different way, so maybe I'm the one needing to spoon feed you since you have a very hard time telling what things said can imply other things worded slightly differently. Learn how to think what you wrote can fucking mean.

It's not irrelevant, the only irrelevant thing is the "you can always choose to look away", which holds no weight into ppl liking things displayed or not. Clear to you yet? Yeah, I bet it's not.

And I am again saying your reiteration of it is an imbecility, since I'm not insisting ppl should not like it and what they should do, I was merely saying what I found ok and what not. No shit, I should look into other things... this attempt to hold your add on is pathetic, as I merely presented my PoV regarding the Roshi thing and went in depth later on why I didn't find it cool, which doesn't matter, at all, with the fact of whether I choose to read it again or not, because the criticism remains independently. I was talking from a position of reading it again years after it and the take I have on it compared to beforehand, while your take of "you can just choose to look at other things" is an idiotic one that reflects your lack of self awareness on trash points you make because I was merely stating how I felt when I read then years after the point, not that I was getting bothered by it constantly every time I had to reread that part, in which case, this comment of yours would come in hand.
You can partake in mental gymnastics over this if you wish. Not interested in the drama you're trying to push, just here to debate.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
You're in no condition to handle a debate based on this emotional outburst that has no substance.
This outburst is just to highlight you act like a fool in many debates, giving off that vibe of enlightening people and resorting to snide provocative remarks many times, which just shows holding a debate with you, although there're worthy parts of discussion to be taken, will lead to aggressiveness from people who don't tolerate arrogance and constant provocative content. The debate gets normal for a while, but you just are incapable of holding it in a level normal people would discuss, your passive aggressiveness just rubs many people the wrong way because you act like a moron most times. Maybe you do it to discourage people from further replying to you, or because you need to assert how the other logic is scrambling constantly, but it's just infuriating and are things ppl resort to more so in the internet because they know the consequences will be only written letters responses.

erally speaking, the writer wants the audience to be immersed in the content that's been produced. Covering a wide range of reactions. For example, joy over a protagonist's triumph or feeling disheartened over a tragic death. Two characters having a brutal fight is not trivial in most cases. The term trivial is more suitable in describing gags, memes, and other things of that nature. There are gag fights or gag-moments within fights from time to time in Dragon Ball, but it's a small portion.
I know the author's intent most times. And I didn't say violence is trivialized in a sense ppl will always take that as a funny thing, as I said there's separation of serious moments and funny moments. Violence can be used for comedic purposes moreso because it's an issue easier to trivialise given the reasons above, and it can be taken under a serious approach as well, just as can sexual harassment. I'm just not fond of using sexual harassment, in the way it was done, in a sense of portraying comedy and light moments through them, because to me it undermines a serious problem to which a specific group is a bigger target, so I prefer not to look at scenes like this giving a comedic and goofing off vibe because I think it's an issue appropriated to be treated in a more thoughtful way. I don't group violence in a comedic scene with this because, as I said, violence can be a broader aspect that highlights a more general issue which is harder to separate into specific groups. Can it be separated into specific groups? It does, but when it does it also most times gives off a serious vibe in a tense situation or is done for means of thoughtful provocations, irony and reflection... knowing Africans have suffered from slavery and violence in the past, for instance, it'd be harder and more weird for a scene of someone beating the other up for their skin colour and such be treated as a way to evoke laughter, for people to laugh at it and take it as a joke. Much in the same way, maybe not exactly in similar proportions as issues, but still as a prevalent and very serious issue, I tend not to like harassment jokes taken in a comedic angle, as it'll take more from the potential of thought and reflection such issue evokes. Violence is bad, beating someone up is bad, but the way people react to it will depend on a wide range of factors... there's no way to simply categorize violence as one thing, under the same sentiment as every violence scene, that can have different connotations depending how it's done.

ou can partake in mental gymnastics over this if you wish. Not interested in the drama you're trying to push, just here to debate
The way you post and the prick way you conduct your language already agitate people enough for them to go on a tangent and call out this shitty attitude of yours.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
This outburst is just to highlight you act like a fool in many debates, giving off that vibe of enlightening people and resorting to snide provocative remarks many times, which just shows holding a debate with you, although there're worthy parts of discussion to be taken, will lead to aggressiveness from people who don't tolerate arrogance and constant provocative content. The debate gets normal for a while, but you just are incapable of holding it in a level normal people would discuss, your passive aggressiveness just rubs many people the wrong way because you act like a moron most times. Maybe you do it to discourage people from further replying to you, or because you need to assert how the other logic is scrambling constantly, but it's just infuriating and are things ppl resort to more so in the internet because they know the consequences will be only written letters responses.
The way you post and the prick way you conduct your language already agitate people enough for them to go on a tangent and call out this shitty attitude of yours.
Think whatever you want to think, but going on a unhinged rant about how you feel about me doesn't do you any favours. Letting emotion take the wheel is self-sabotage in a debate.

I know the author's intent most times. And I didn't say violence is trivialized in a sense ppl will always take that as a funny thing, as I said there's separation of serious moments and funny moments. Violence can be used for comedic purposes moreso because it's an issue easier to trivialise given the reasons above, and it can be taken under a serious approach as well, just as can sexual harassment. I'm just not fond of using sexual harassment, in the way it was done, in a sense of portraying comedy and light moments through them, because to me it undermines a serious problem to which a specific group is a bigger target, so I prefer not to look at scenes like this giving a comedic and goofing off vibe because I think it's an issue appropriated to be treated in a more thoughtful way. I don't group violence in a comedic scene with this because, as I said, violence can be a broader aspect that highlights a more general issue which is harder to separate into specific groups. Can it be separated into specific groups? It does, but when it does it also most times gives off a serious vibe in a tense situation or is done for means of thoughtful provocations, irony and reflection... knowing Africans have suffered from slavery and violence in the past, for instance, it'd be harder and more weird for a scene of someone beating the other up for their skin colour and such be treated as a way to evoke laughter, for people to laugh at it and take it as a joke. Much in the same way, maybe not exactly in similar proportions as issues, but still as a prevalent and very serious issue, I tend not to like harassment jokes taken in a comedic angle, as it'll take more from the potential of thought and reflection such issue evokes. Violence is bad, beating someone up is bad, but the way people react to it will depend on a wide range of factors... there's no way to simply categorize violence as one thing, under the same sentiment as every violence scene, that can have different connotations depending how it's done.
At first, you expressed you're not cool with perverted comedy being a thing, then you said it depends, but it seems you're now back to your first view. Either way, what you've said has been covered, but additionally: Roshi's perverted gags are usually suggestive, and his plans often get thwarted one way or another, whether it's him getting smacked, shot at, or interrupted.

If there's anything to take away from this conversation, it's that there's no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater over some scenes you don't like.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
At first, you expressed you're not cool with perverted comedy being a thing, then you said it depends, but it seems you're now back to your first view. Either way, what you've said has been covered, but additionally: Roshi's perverted gags are usually suggestive, and his plans often get thwarted one way or another, whether it's him getting smacked, shot at, or interrupted.
I've said that perverted thing being a thing depends on its portraying, as a serious thing revolving the plot, being one that such is acceptable, then one made in a goofing off moment, with the main intent of evoking laughter, and funny moments, being one I'm not ok with, but also don't care and won't argue against people's preferences if they are ok with, since from the start I said this is a thing regarding my preferences, not a rule I wanna establish to people at how they should react and feel towards such scenes. Roshi got repercussions, but the repercussions aren't serious ones, they are simply punches, elbows, that are there as part of the comedic setting of the scene --- Roshi forcing an unwanted contact and the women constantly showing they're not ok with it -- but not taken in a serious manner, with the repercussions being light in a sense they don't carry repercussions that stand out or are meant to teach a lesson of how this acting should be avoided, they are all part of the funny gags those scenes are intended, and ofc, DB wouldn't even be the type of a manga in which repercussions of the type having weight would have a place in that type of story setting. Some scenes Roshi gets what he wants and gets away with it, pretending to be senile, by pretending it's not him or by bribing the lady (in the case, a minor lady), into getting to attend to his pervert side. I think the consequences are overall there as a way in which AT recognises scenes like those should have repercussions, granted, but the humorous tune they carry, with them being light and being all part of the funny setting of a sleazy old man still makes out the angle of sexual harassment to be portrayed in a light and goofing off moment to me.

And I'm not thrwoing the baby out with the bathwater, as I didn't even say those scenes shouldn't even be there in the first place. As I said, the time they were made in, with the differing perception beeding in from the 90s, the country they were made in, which may mean jokes like those are more acceptable, all factor in. I just said that I don't like them like I used to when looking at them nowadays and have a different approach over scenes like this. Are there modern material and even western ones that resort to jokes like this? Sure, there're... that doesn't mean I should like them or view them as normally. I can simply dislike the content and choose what to watch, avoiding them, or if contents like those are in the minority part, I'd filter out parts I find funny, I've no problems with that at all. The only problem I had and the insistence I kept when arguing for this long stemmed because you questioned my preferences of not liking those as being contradictory, to which I felt the need to go in back and forths to show why I don't think they were crambling or random preferences at all... it didn't stem from my lack of approval to those scenes, to the point if that someone said "I am okay with it and I like them", I wouldn't have argued with them at all, so much so there were many ppl, both here and on neoseeker, who stated as such and I didn't make a need for a debate, because at the end of the day I didn't care about their sentiments towards the scenes to the level of going on in a debate. And the aggressive part came in with your shitty attitude overall getting under my skin, and I admittedly hate to resort to name calling in debates and going on emotional rants, but when the person is or acts like an idiot, I sometimes can't control myself, just as irl if someone wanted to have a convo with me but started to resort to snide remarks and rethoric filled many times with arrogance, I'd just tell them to fuck off and stop being a douch, but I know that generally ppl who act like this in the internet are way nicer personally since they don't have this screen shield.

@Spiral-Force

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
I've said that perverted thing being a thing depends on its portraying, as a serious thing revolving the plot, being one that such is acceptable, then one made in a goofing off moment, with the main intent of evoking laughter, and funny moments, being one I'm not ok with, but also don't care and won't argue against people's preferences if they are ok with, since from the start I said this is a thing regarding my preferences, not a rule I wanna establish to people at how they should react and feel towards such scenes. Roshi got repercussions, but the repercussions aren't serious ones, they are simply punches, elbows, that are there as part of the comedic setting of the scene --- Roshi forcing an unwanted contact and the women constantly showing they're not ok with it -- but not taken in a serious manner, with the repercussions being light in a sense they don't carry repercussions that stand out or are meant to teach a lesson of how this acting should be avoided, they are all part of the funny gags those scenes are intended, and ofc, DB wouldn't even be the type of a manga in which repercussions of the type having weight would have a place in that type of story setting. Some scenes Roshi gets what he wants and gets away with it, pretending to be senile, by pretending it's not him or by bribing the lady (in the case, a minor lady), into getting to attend to his pervert side. I think the consequences are overall there as a way in which AT recognises scenes like those should have repercussions, granted, but the humorous tune they carry, with them being light and being all part of the funny setting of a sleazy old man still makes out the angle of sexual harassment to be portrayed in a light and goofing off moment to me.
Given they're gags, it makes sense that they don't try to get deep with it. Roshi's antics with females gets him in hot water momentarily, but the storyline finds a way to comically halt it altogether, then all parties involved move on - with the main cast continuing on with the adventure. That'd explain why his reputation is firmly stamped as a legendary martial artist, with the other side of him being surprising to most spectators.

And I'm not thrwoing the baby out with the bathwater, as I didn't even say those scenes shouldn't even be there in the first place. As I said, the time they were made in, with the differing perception beeding in from the 90s, the country they were made in, which may mean jokes like those are more acceptable, all factor in. I just said that I don't like them like I used to when looking at them nowadays and have a different approach over scenes like this. Are there modern material and even western ones that resort to jokes like this? Sure, there're... that doesn't mean I should like them or view them as normally. I can simply dislike the content and choose what to watch, avoiding them, or if contents like those are in the minority part, I'd filter out parts I find funny, I've no problems with that at all. The only problem I had and the insistence I kept when arguing for this long stemmed because you questioned my preferences of not liking those as being contradictory, to which I felt the need to go in back and forths to show why I don't think they were crambling or random preferences at all... it didn't stem from my lack of approval to those scenes, to the point if that someone said "I am okay with it and I like them", I wouldn't have argued with them at all, so much so there were many ppl, both here and on neoseeker, who stated as such and I didn't make a need for a debate, because at the end of the day I didn't care about their sentiments towards the scenes to the level of going on in a debate. And the aggressive part came in with your shitty attitude overall getting under my skin, and I admittedly hate to resort to name calling in debates and going on emotional rants, but when the person is or acts like an idiot, I sometimes can't control myself, just as irl if someone wanted to have a convo with me but started to resort to snide remarks and rethoric filled many times with arrogance, I'd just tell them to fuck off and stop being a douch, but I know that generally ppl who act like this in the internet are way nicer personally since they don't have this screen shield.
You took issue with, not just those Roshi scenes, but also the genre that they're a subset of. So I'd say I characterised your approach fairly.

To be honest, I do not care that I got under your skin. I have no sympathy for people that can't control themselves in a debate. I've been chill the whole time, even when you got fiery over a disagreement.

Unless you have something new to add, we should perhaps wrap this up.

FeatsofPower

High Class Warrior
You guys ever see the anime the seven deadly sins? It’s massively more sexual assault, this dude Meliodas is constantly sexual assaulting Liz

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
You guys ever see the anime the seven deadly sins? It’s massively more sexual assault, this dude Meliodas is constantly sexual assaulting Liz
That Anime even makes Fairy Tail fanservice look tame by comparison.

I’ve come to realize the worse the fanservice in an Anime, the worse it is in quality.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Given they're gags, it makes sense that they don't try to get deep with it. Roshi's antics with females gets him in hot water momentarily, but the storyline finds a way to comically halt it altogether, then all parties involved move on - with the main cast continuing on with the adventure. That'd explain why his reputation is firmly stamped as a legendary martial artist, with the other side of him being surprising to most spectators.
Yeah that's what I said, it wouldn't make sense, for the type of story DB is, to get serious with the gags. That doesn't mean I've to like the content of the gag itself. I don't think gags and goofing off moments should be made of issues like those. I'd prefer for them to be treated in a serious setting or not to be a moment to joke around... that's speaking to my preferences. The author does whatever he thinks will suit most of his audience. Whatever gets him more views or gives his character a further layer doesn't have any saying on whether I should like its portrayment or not.
ou took issue with, not just those Roshi scenes, but also the genre that they're a subset of. So I'd say I characterised your approach fairly
Not necessarily the genre in specific, but yeah, in DB a scene like this wouldn't be made a sense of if portrayed seriously. That doesn't mean my preferences for it not suiting goofing off moments means anything in regards to whether I think AT should have written them in the first place. It's his manga, so my preferences or my likeness when reading the scenes has no saying on whether he should write them or not, nor whether ppl should like it or not.
be honest, I do not care that I got under your skin. I have no sympathy for people that can't control themselves in a debate. I've been chill the whole time, even when you got fiery over a disagree
I know you don't care, because that's what you want to do, get under ppl's skin by acting like an arrogant imbecile on the internet. Ppl who act like this don't care about getting under ppl's skin, they just like to act on silly passive aggressive ways through most of their debates, they are just incapable of talking normally without resorting to acting like smartasses who just sound more like fools. You've been nothing chill, not the whole time... being chill isn't not throwing insults, being chill is just holding a conversation without sounding a smartass. I've no sympathy for ppl who do that on a constant and since this is already a thing I've seen over many years, I don't care about the name calling, since name calling it's just a way to point out a moron when the person is indeed being a moron. One doesn't need name calling to sound aggressive, or "not chill", they can just be smartasses who it seems just got over their period, all while not resorting to open insults or letting it up whole.

Unless you have something new to add, we should perhaps wrap this up.
I think we should wrap this up. But knowing you, this will go as long as the empires burn down, I guess.

@Spiral-Force

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Yeah that's what I said, it wouldn't make sense, for the type of story DB is, to get serious with the gags. That doesn't mean I've to like the content of the gag itself. I don't think gags and goofing off moments should be made of issues like those. I'd prefer for them to be treated in a serious setting or not to be a moment to joke around... that's speaking to my preferences. The author does whatever he thinks will suit most of his audience. Whatever gets him more views or gives his character a further layer doesn't have any saying on whether I should like its portrayment or not.

Not necessarily the genre in specific, but yeah, in DB a scene like this wouldn't be made a sense of if portrayed seriously. That doesn't mean my preferences for it not suiting goofing off moments means anything in regards to whether I think AT should have written them in the first place. It's his manga, so my preferences or my likeness when reading the scenes has no saying on whether he should write them or not, nor whether ppl should like it or not.
This doesn't appear to be a rebuttal, but rather, speaking on your preference more.

What you're for and against is understood.

I know you don't care, because that's what you want to do, get under ppl's skin by acting like an arrogant imbecile on the internet. Ppl who act like this don't care about getting under ppl's skin, they just like to act on silly passive aggressive ways through most of their debates, they are just incapable of talking normally without resorting to acting like smartasses who just sound more like fools. You've been nothing chill, not the whole time... being chill isn't not throwing insults, being chill is just holding a conversation without sounding a smartass. I've no sympathy for ppl who do that on a constant and since this is already a thing I've seen over many years, I don't care about the name calling, since name calling it's just a way to point out a moron when the person is indeed being a moron. One doesn't need name calling to sound aggressive, or "not chill", they can just be smartasses who it seems just got over their period, all while not resorting to open insults or letting it up whole.

I think we should wrap this up. But knowing you, this will go as long as the empires burn down, I guess.
Not my intention. But if people get in their feelings over a fictional series, whatever.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
This doesn't appear to be a rebuttal, but rather, speaking on your preference more.

What you're for and against is understood.

Not my intention. But if people get in their feelings over a fictional series, whatever.
Because the entire thing is about preferences, and I've made them understood and had to make them more and more understood, it seems.

I was also saying DB isn't the type of manga to get serious about those things, I was agreeing with it. I specified it just doesn't change how I feel with gag things being treated lightly, whether DB is the type of manga to go in depth about it or not.

Latest profile posts

Same. RIP to your brother Yoshi.
Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.