Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Apparently the hacker who spread ransomware to Toei's servers demanded a large sum of money in exchange for getting rid of it. Bet cyberpolice in Japan put that faggot in jail and Toei is resolving it on their own now.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Interesting new tidbits. As this tweet states, Super Hero as been stated to be a direct sequel to Broly, which is confirmed to be the last fight to take place on Earth until this new movie. Basically, the Moro arc at least and everything post ToP in the manga is getting thrown into the :trash

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Also come-on meng. Just plz. Come-on meng.
It's either going to be that they haven't done it in a long time and are rusty at it (forced for comedy, because they wouldn't forget this) or they mess it up on purpose because they want to be funny. Either way its cringe if regular Gotenks doesn't appear and just this one does.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
What I meant was:

Hopefully I don't come-off as evil.
No, you don't come off as evil. I didn't consider this rumor or spoiler because this is official promotional art that's been released with all the toys and merch and stuff that's already being put out. It's on TOEI's websites and this is from their very public comic-con panel. There was no intent to hide any of this on their part. I think Japanese McDonalds has this on their French Fries.

However, I'll do spoilers on anything else for the future just to be cautious. Love you buddy.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
No, you don't come off as evil. I didn't consider this rumor or spoiler because this is official promotional art that's been released with all the toys and merch and stuff that's already being put out. It's on TOEI's websites and this is from their very public comic-con panel. There was no intent to hide any of this on their part. I think Japanese McDonalds has this on their French Fries.

However, I'll do spoilers on anything else for the future just to be cautious. Love you buddy.
You too. :gay:gay2:gay:gay2:gay:gay2

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Pr funny that the Moro and Granolah arcs are getting thrown in the shitter. Are they not even part of AT's story due to Trashtaro's involvement, or is this an excuse to write MUI Goku out of the movie? Lol.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Pr funny that the Moro and Granolah arcs are getting thrown in the shitter. Are they not even part of AT's story due to Trashtaro's involvement, or is this an excuse to write MUI Goku out of the movie? Lol.
I think he just treats the movies much better than the rest of the canon. George Lucas was the same way. For years he oversaw books and games and let them take a lot of liberties but when it came time for him to make his movies he had no issues retconning things that came before. This happened with the Clone Wars. When he made the prequels, all the material that was written about his time period essentially got overwritten because they were his babies and his alone.

Not unsurprising. There's a hell of a lot more prestige and money with a big Western release as opposed to a manga that is only read by a small section of the audience.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
It's strange too since the Broly movie did not invalidate everything that came in between it and FnF.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
It did and it didn't. Besides a throw away line in the beginning, Broly could have taken place just a month after FnF and we couldn't tell the difference, as per the way it conveniently leaves out UI and SSJBE. It basically name-dropped the ToP and then quickly moved on. It used SSJB, primarily (I'm guessing) because that was an AT creation, as was SSJG.

This is leading me to believe the anime as we knew it is over, and whatever we get next will be a bit of a reset like Z was compared to DB, and Super to Z, and in the animation style of Super Hero. I'm also seriously wondering if this is a way to get the show on a younger cast going forward, but I'm hesitant to believe that AT and TOEI have the balls to put Goku and Vegeta on the back burner.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
UI was inaccessible after the ToP according to Galu so Kaioken Blue and Evolved Blue are what Broly ignored. It still actually acknowledged that the ToP and by extension the U6 and Trunks arcs were a thing though, and did not brand itself a direct sequel of RoF

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I'd say some of that is partially due to the fact that the series itself re-branded in that time, Going from Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no F to Dragon Ball Super: Broly. I did acknowledge that the ToP was name dropped, and even got something of a quick flashback, but it amounts to about 4 seconds and I wouldn't be surprised it if was inserted as a matter of housekeeping more than anything else.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Less than 2 weeks until Super Hero comes out in Japan. It'll have to wait until the summer for us non-Japanese, but we'll at least know what the reception for the movie is like by then I guess

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
So Goten and Trunks won't even go SSJ in this movie it seems like. And Gohan will probably go straight from SSJ to Ultimate judging by Ultimate being brandished with the generous lightning effect, which would look redundant if SSJ2 appeared before it. Toriyama really can't be fucked to keep tally of all the SSJ forms he created, lol.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
We call it Ultimate but I'm pretty sure its confirmed that he's getting a new form. Whether that's the lightning version we've seen or something that has yet to be revealed is still unknown. As far as Goten and Trunks, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess their power is depleted though fusion or something like that, forcing them to fight in base.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.