Gog watches GT.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Capture.PNG

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Pocket-Gog~ said:
but almost every other character in the Cell arc had to act like an idiot in order for the plot to move. Goku and friends were aware of Gero and how he and android 19 killed them all in the future, but just decide to let them go? Its a good thing Future Trunks wasn't there or he'd have a heart attack of his own! :ladd
Their reasons for it are in line with their character though. Goku isn't the type to pre-emptively kill someone for what they haven't done yet and it's apparent Kuririn was just trying to stop Vegeta from going on a rampage when he chimed in.

Krillin doesn't kill android 18 for reasons?
The power of a simp when down bad :troll.

As Kenshi already said, the way he'd seen #17 and #18 was a far cry from the sadistic murderers Trunks had described, making it apparent to Kuririn that they were victims of circumstance more than anything.

Piccolo doesn't just clobber android 20? For reasons? Especially considering he's stronger than him?
He wasn't sure of that until they actually fought though, with Piccolo not wanting to be hasty in assessing #20 and #19's abilities.

Gohan doesn't want to kill now? Since when?
To be fair, his only kill at that point was against a Freeza Soldier that had assured the group would be stranded on Namek and he'd just come out of an environment where Piccolo had been hammering in a kill or be killed mantra for a year on top of the battle with Vegeta, and his only instances of truly being bloodlusted were when in an enraged state. By comparison, Gohan at the Cell Game has had more time to train in a more mentally beneficial environment with Galu, a good amount of time away from his days of being enraged or being forced into Piccolo's approach to training enough to make decisions for himself, not to mention the events on Namek would be enough that any 5 year old would realistically be riddled with a huge case of PTSD.

Trunks was a messenger with a cool entrance, about as useful as Kaioshin was (except that Kaioshin managed to become more useful in subsequent stories with his knowledge and powers). Past his fight with Freeza he's constantly painted as an almost bumbling fool who constantly underestimates how strong the next threat is. He trains with Vegeta, unlocks a useless form (that establishes how he's a horrible fighter) and he dies against Cell. It doesn't matter that he's the third strongest Z Senshi because everything he does is lame as shit.
In terms of plot relevance, Trunks serves a similar role to Shin, but that's not all their is to his character. Trunks acts as a good contrast to the other characters with some ironic elements to him such as having knowledge on the future whilst being a fish out of water when it comes to knowing what these figures he's had hype dup to him were really like, as well as being reserved yet still polite and sociable enough that he avoids becoming the typical brooding edgelord that often comes with the territory for his type of backstory. He's also the most efficient of the main cast in the arc (unless including Bulma maybe) with him taking a no-nonsense approach to new threats (ie. being the counter to the idiot ball you mentioned) as well as showing contrast to his father that's made very relevant with how much the 2nd half of the Cell Arc focuses on the father-son dynamics. Moreover, the Boo Arc makes him even more relevant by having the present Trunks serve as a good display of how they were moulded by their environment. He was incompetent when it came to battle, true, though it's understandable when his only real teacher was Future Gohan, someone who's formal training ended after arriving on Namek due to never training with Goku in this timeline (and what training he'd received from Piccolo prior to that only amounted to "don't be a pussy and DOOOOODGE" from what we saw) and it shows with how little he was able to accomplish in almost 2 decades compared to what a Gohan with Goku to train him did in 8 months.

Pocket-Gog~ said:
I gotta retract my statement on Kid Goku being a way to depower Goku - Super 17 arc just proved they don't give a fuck.
As though his base self beating someone stronger than Boo didn't make that apparent :troll2.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
As though his base self beating someone stronger than Boo didn't make that apparent :troll2.
It's easy to overlook when CHAD Rildo kicks Goku's teeth in. :panties

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Not to mention Cell didn't try to absorb SSJ2 Gohan after badly wounding him :ha :ha

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
>Too bad for you, huh? Once I see a technique or hear about it, it ain't any use against me.
It's impressive that Goku managed to see and hear about a non existent technique Cell had. :cena

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
>Despite being light years stronger than both Cell and Freeza Galu somehow manages to lose.
:cena :cena :cena :cena

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
The Hell of Hells is the only halfway decent idea they had in this arc.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Pocket-Gog~ said:
And it begs the question why the hell is Goku fighting these two pathetic jobbers and not Rildo? Rildo who is actually as strong as Goku's super saiyan state. Rildo who actually flat out - no questions asked defeated Goku in one on one combat.
Leaving aside the meta reason of Freeza and Cell having more marketing potential, Galu had already outstripped Rild at this point, with Rild being reduced to someone who'd help offer the return of CHADhan...for about 2 minutes :troll2. Rild was also shown not being unknown to the other residents of Hell with him later hanging around with Nappa, Blue and Black, so Cell and Freeza would have him as a benchmark for what to expect from Galu and were still confident, and still got stomped. That, and Rild's abilities are pretty nerfed if he's not on M2.

Kenshi said:
Not to mention Cell didn't try to absorb SSJ2 Gohan after badly wounding him :ha :ha
To be fair, you could assume Cell developed this ability during his time in Hell, though that still raises the question of why open up his tail and lead to this outcome (you know, despite him explicitly stating he'd need to surpass #17 and #18 before attempting to absorb them and succeeded only after his power was far greater than them) instead of trying to suck him dry more than Chichi in a good mood? :giraffe

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Captain Cadaver said:
Kenshi said:
To be fair, you could assume Cell developed this ability during his time in Hell, though that still raises the question of why open up his tail and lead to this outcome (you know, despite him explicitly stating he'd need to surpass #17 and #18 before attempting to absorb them and succeeded only after his power was far greater than them) instead of trying to suck him dry more than Chichi in a good mood? :giraffe

I don't remember this particular fight too well because my mind literally never wanders off to this train of thought, but didn't Cell Taiyo-ken Galu before trying to absorb him?

I don't see how Cell would need to train to learn how to extend his tail appendage, given that Piccolo can already enlarge and extend his body and Cell repeatedly abuses Piccolo's genes.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah it seems Cell needs his victims to be defenseless or much weaker than him when he absorbs them. Honestly, I would've preferred if Galu just went SSJ4 while inside Cell and blew him up, then blasted Freeza so hard he couldn't bring himself back even with the power of :toei plot holes and retcons.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Kenshi said:
Yeah it seems Cell needs his victims to be defenseless or much weaker than him when he absorbs them. Honestly, I would've preferred if Galu just went SSJ4 while inside Cell and blew him up, then blasted Freeza so hard he couldn't bring himself back even with the power of :toei plot holes and retcons.
An even easier fix is just having Freeza and Cell be a real challenge to Goku together, but I believe that thought never even crossed :toei 's mind.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
I'm glad to see that after all these years Dr. Gero turned 17 into his bitch :donovan

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I wonder if :toei even has an explanation for why Gero's still in his Android 20 body even though Freeza was restored to his organic self upon being put in Hell :punk

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Kenshi said:
I wonder if :toei even has an explanation for why Gero's still in his Android 20 body even though Freeza was restored to his organic self upon being put in Hell :punk
if the RRA android was brought back to life anything can happen

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.