GT Power Levels

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
When did the consensus change regarding GT characters and battle powers being that above Super? Since after BoG, the narrative was solidly behind the Super cast being well beyond GT, but recently, that seems to have changed.

What caused this?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Probably the Super manga having far less impressive feats than the anime did.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
So it's the manga overwriting the anime?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
That would be my guess. The manga has a lot of influence from Toriyama himself, so those events took precedence over the greater feats in the anime.

Future Warrior

Elite
Super Saiyan said:
The manga has a lot of influence from Toriyama himself, so those events took precedence over the greater feats in the anime.

''A lot'' isn't accurate. Moro arc was almost entirely by Toyotaro.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Future Warrior said:
Super Saiyan said:
The manga has a lot of influence from Toriyama himself, so those events took precedence over the greater feats in the anime.

It's my understanding that he hasn't had this level of control until the Moro arc though. The feats I'm referencing happened earlier in the manga. Either way, Toriyama was still involved in the arc and wrote the original draft for the Moro and even the Granola arc:

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1340599748810559491

It's also made appraent that AT/Toyo had regular meetings during the Moro arc's production, so Toriyama would have still had to have approved of Toyotaro's work.

During our meetings, I was shocked by the kinds of ideas Toriyama-sensei offered, as only the original author could. I feel like we were able to start in once we were both convinced we would have a good story. This involves plans for later, so I can’t say too much, but there are certain things… like one of the new characters’ secrets, that I don’t think anyone but Toriyama-sensei could have come up with. Please look forward to that.

So it's true that in recent times Toyotaro has had more control over the manga, but Toriyama hasn't disappeared entirely. And imo writing the original draft for these arcs would qualify as having a lot of influence.

Future Warrior

Elite
Super Saiyan said:
Future Warrior said:
Super Saiyan said:

It's my understanding that he hasn't had this level of control until the Moro arc though. The feats I'm referencing happened earlier in the manga. Either way, Toriyama was still involved in the arc and wrote the original draft for the Moro and even the Granola arc:

So it's true that in recent times Toyotaro has had more control over the manga, but Toriyama hasn't disappeared entirely. And imo writing the original draft for these arcs would qualify as having a lot of influence.

The link you posted about an original draft was referring to the Granolah arc. The plotting of the Moro arc and even the conception and design of Moro were all exclusively by Toyo. The only influence Toriyama probably had was Toyo coming up to him and asking if his ideas were good and Toriyama simply approving them.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1340600682009661444

It's pretty well implied here that he has made the original drafts for all of Super though. And not only that, but the reflection on the Moro arc shows that he had direct involvement in making the story "good".

I feel like we were able to start in once we were both convinced we would have a good story.

So he's involved. And that's still besides the point that I was making about the early part of Super's manga. Toriyama was most definitely involved at that point in time.

Future Warrior

Elite
I'm aware that he made original drafts for most of DBS, just not the Moro arc. The premise was created by Toyotaro, with Toriyama giving some of his own ideas but at the end of the day I wouldn't say he had ''a lot'' of influence in it.

Anyways, I wasn't here to debate on what version is more canon. You mentioned that Toriyama had made original drafts for the arcs, but the anime also adapts the exact same drafts that Toyo uses.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yea but it's clear that AT and Toyo frequently work together when developing the story. We never heard that AT was directly involved in the anime like he has been throughout the manga. He's doing more than just supplying the original draft in the manga.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Toyo and Toriyama work more closely together than Toei and Toriyama does.

Future Warrior

Elite
Super Saiyan said:
Yea but it's clear that AT and Toyo frequently work together when developing the story. We never heard that AT was directly involved in the anime like he has been throughout the manga. He's doing more than just supplying the original draft in the manga.

Believe it or not, the SSJ back tingle thing was a Toriyama conception that was used in the anime in contrast to Toyo leaving it out.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Future Warrior said:
Super Saiyan said:

Believe it or not, the SSJ back tingle thing was a Toriyama conception that was used in the anime in contrast to Toyo leaving it out.

The ToP arc in the manga left a lot of shit out that was in the anime in general

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Kenshi said:
Future Warrior said:
Super Saiyan said:

The ToP arc in the manga left a lot of shit out that was in the anime in general
Probably because most of the anime is pure filler made up by Toei.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Pocket-Gog~ said:
Kenshi said:
Future Warrior said:

AT did come up with some ideas in the anime though. And the only reason the anime had to drag out the ToP to 45+ episodes is because the manga was lagging behind and they couldn't go into the Broly arc when the manga had barely finished up the Future Trunks arc.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Kenshi said:
Pocket-Gog~ said:
Kenshi said:

AT did come up with some ideas in the anime though. And the only reason the anime had to drag out the ToP to 45+ episodes is because the manga was lagging behind and they couldn't go into the Broly arc when the manga had barely finished up the Future Trunks arc.
Blame Toyo's shit work ethic. :troll

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
That's not Toyotaro's fault. He doesn't dictate the release schedule of the publishing magazine, you fucking chodes. If he could do biweekly or weekly, he probably would.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Pyro said:
That's not Toyotaro's fault. He doesn't dictate the release schedule of the publishing magazine, you fucking chodes. If he could do biweekly or weekly, he probably would.
He probably should switch to a different magazine then. But considering how his art suffers when he's strapped for time, might be best for him to stick to monthly.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
You want him to switch to a less popular magazine? Boy, eat ass.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Pyro said:
You want him to switch to a less popular magazine? Boy, eat ass.

wxagcy4pe1e51.png

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.