The Canonicity Of BOG and FNF

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Are they canon to the Manga, or no?

I believe not, unless Super elaborates on the timeline and plotholes.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
They have better standing than GT, at least by Toriyama's perspective. Until Super elaborates on some of the continuity errors, I wouldn't deem it worthy of a coherent personal canon, but hey, that's where the BoG multiverse plot point comes in handy.

Son Gokū

High Class Warrior
The whole multiverse thing is weird, but pretty cool at the same time. If I had the same fight as the Goku in the movie, I'd of probably had the same reaction after hearing about it, hehe.

Bardock

Does anyone mind filling me in on the 'plotholes' of BoG or RoF? I never truly heard of this, but I've seen the idea of them getting tossed around. Only things I can think of are Bra and Pan's births, which is understandable as there are sources saying Bra is older and younger than Pan.

As for canonicity, I'd say BoG, RoF, and DBS are official canon.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Bardock said:
Does anyone mind filling me in on the 'plotholes' of BoG or RoF?
- Goku and Vegeta being on God tier contradicts Goku believing someone as strong as Pure Boo may win the Tenkaichi Budokai.
- Bulma states in one of the last chapters that the last time she saw Goku was 5 years ago, when he was busy training. This would fit in with BoG, but not FnF.
- Freeza was assured that he was the strongest in the universe, despite acknowledging Beerus and Boo as having been his superiors in FnF.
- Vegeta's rage boost contradicts any sense of logic with rage boosts, being far greater than any of Gohan's despite the latter having been had his potential power hyped up throughout the majority of DBZ.

There's also the infamous implication of Freeza > Base Goku (Boo Arc), but that can be easily argued against and explained via the context.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Bardock said:
Does anyone mind filling me in on the 'plotholes' of BoG or RoF? I never truly heard of this, but I've seen the idea of them getting tossed around. Only things I can think of are Bra and Pan's births, which is understandable as there are sources saying Bra is older and younger than Pan.

As for canonicity, I'd say BoG, RoF, and DBS are official canon.
Your Bardock from Neo the right?

Bardock

Captain Cadaver said:
Bardock said:
Does anyone mind filling me in on the 'plotholes' of BoG or RoF?
- Goku and Vegeta being on God tier contradicts Goku believing someone as strong as Pure Boo may win the Tenkaichi Budokai.
- Bulma states in one of the last chapters that the last time she saw Goku was 5 years ago, when he was busy training. This would fit in with BoG, but not FnF.
- Freeza was assured that he was the strongest in the universe, despite acknowledging Beerus and Boo as having been his superiors in FnF.
- Vegeta's rage boost contradicts any sense of logic with rage boosts, being far greater than any of Gohan's despite the latter having been had his potential power hyped up throughout the majority of DBZ.

There's also the infamous implication of Freeza > Base Goku (Boo Arc), but that can be easily argued against and explained via the context.

-When was it stated that Buu would win the Budokai? Was that in the last chapters? I don't remember seeing that.
-I can understand this mostly. Or maybe RoF wasn't big enough of a deal and Bulma just thought over it. As if she's exaggerating, but I doubt that's the reason.
-I remember reading in the manga that Freeza states he is one of the strongest, also including the fact that King Cold had a power very much like his own.
-Vegeta's rage boost made sense to me. He was already near Goku's power, so his Rage boost basically boosted him passed the SsJ3 multiplier which resides at 4x SsJ2. Given Gohan's rage boosts, a 5x multiplier aor anything like that isn't surprising. Although, it doesn't seem the most logical.

I don't think Goku could take Freeza 100% at base form. I see no evidence showing that he actually gained enough strength to be 50x what he was during the Freeza arc, to what he is in the Boo Arc. My main thoughts come from the fact that a multiplier as small as 2x changed worlds completely when Gohan fought Cell, so Goku becoming 50x without some new training method is ridiculous if you ask me.[/quote]

Lord Beerus

Low Class Warrior
AT stated the movies (BOG, ROF) were written as if they were a continuation as a part of the manga's original storyline.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Captain Cadaver said:
Goku and Vegeta being on God tier contradicts Goku believing someone as strong as Pure Boo may win the Tenkaichi Budokai.
According to some people, this isn't contradictory and Uub is just god tier
e5045992.png

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Global Moderator
They aren't canon to me. Why? I don't like em. Simple.

Like, sometimes I'll think to myself "I gotta go take a bog".

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
They do not fit in with my personal canon as they contradict the 28th Budokai. If DB Super can find a way to make Goku and Vegeta lose all of their power (I seriously doubt this will happen), then I may consider calling them canon.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
It fits for me, too much nitpicking is being had
There are a few this that irk me but it's good for the most part

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Gohan losing his Elder Kaioshin potential unlock was the nail in the coffin for me.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
Don't know if he lost it
I'm under the impression that goku and vegeta simply just surpassed everyone, beerus gives 2 indicators as such

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
I personally don't consider them canon, though I don't mind the idea of them being so considering that the original series itself is more inconsistent than I'd like as is. Not to the degree of these films, but it still is.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
Inconsistency doesn't matter, that values the quality of the series, not if it's canon, and with AT saying it's canon
I dont see much of an argument tbh

Evil Vegeta

High Class Warrior
I'm okay with them being canon, but I absolutely hate when certain people try to use this to prove Kid Boo was more powerful than any version of Super Boo. It's basically saying Boo had gotten significantly weaker when he absorbed Gohan and Gotenks--and that Kid Boo's at a level capable of giving Super Vegito a fight or winning. So yeah, Gotenks Boo saying he's the strongest version of Boo up to that point and Goku believing Vegito would thrash Kid Boo are inaccurate...

That's what happens when you try to retroactively use Goku's quote (wanting to be at 100% before fighting Oob and believing he could win the tournament) to refer to something that didn't exist back then. This also ignores how Goku never thought Godly Power on that level ever existed, much less reachable through normal means.

But eh, whatever people can use to give Kid Boo the advantage, I suppose.

Latest profile posts

Father wrote on 最強のフュージョン's profile.
Bill Cosby will have the prep time that Pm. snake never had baby wooooooooo!!
Never watched that filler lol
INCORRECT, remember Princess Snake tried to sedate Goku and that shit didn't work