The Canonicity Of BOG and FNF

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
As a lifelong Star Wars fan, everything we knew as canon was lead first and foremost by the word of George Lucas.

Many years later, I find myself trained to that very mentality. So, if AT says its canon, I feel obligated to agree.

If I can live through Attack of the Clones, I can live through anything AT throws at me.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Bardock said:
Captain Cadaver said:
Bardock said:
Does anyone mind filling me in on the 'plotholes' of BoG or RoF?
- Goku and Vegeta being on God tier contradicts Goku believing someone as strong as Pure Boo may win the Tenkaichi Budokai.
- Bulma states in one of the last chapters that the last time she saw Goku was 5 years ago, when he was busy training. This would fit in with BoG, but not FnF.
- Freeza was assured that he was the strongest in the universe, despite acknowledging Beerus and Boo as having been his superiors in FnF.
- Vegeta's rage boost contradicts any sense of logic with rage boosts, being far greater than any of Gohan's despite the latter having been had his potential power hyped up throughout the majority of DBZ.

There's also the infamous implication of Freeza > Base Goku (Boo Arc), but that can be easily argued against and explained via the context.

-When was it stated that Buu would win the Budokai? Was that in the last chapters? I don't remember seeing that.
-I can understand this mostly. Or maybe RoF wasn't big enough of a deal and Bulma just thought over it. As if she's exaggerating, but I doubt that's the reason.
-I remember reading in the manga that Freeza states he is one of the strongest, also including the fact that King Cold had a power very much like his own.
-Vegeta's rage boost made sense to me. He was already near Goku's power, so his Rage boost basically boosted him passed the SsJ3 multiplier which resides at 4x SsJ2. Given Gohan's rage boosts, a 5x multiplier aor anything like that isn't surprising. Although, it doesn't seem the most logical.

I don't think Goku could take Freeza 100% at base form. I see no evidence showing that he actually gained enough strength to be 50x what he was during the Freeza arc, to what he is in the Boo Arc. My main thoughts come from the fact that a multiplier as small as 2x changed worlds completely when Gohan fought Cell, so Goku becoming 50x without some new training method is ridiculous if you ask me.
[/quote]SIAD disliked your post.

What???

I thought that was impossible.

SIAD

Elite
Fantastische Hure said:
Bardock said:
Captain Cadaver said:
- Goku and Vegeta being on God tier contradicts Goku believing someone as strong as Pure Boo may win the Tenkaichi Budokai.
- Bulma states in one of the last chapters that the last time she saw Goku was 5 years ago, when he was busy training. This would fit in with BoG, but not FnF.
- Freeza was assured that he was the strongest in the universe, despite acknowledging Beerus and Boo as having been his superiors in FnF.
- Vegeta's rage boost contradicts any sense of logic with rage boosts, being far greater than any of Gohan's despite the latter having been had his potential power hyped up throughout the majority of DBZ.

There's also the infamous implication of Freeza > Base Goku (Boo Arc), but that can be easily argued against and explained via the context.

-When was it stated that Buu would win the Budokai? Was that in the last chapters? I don't remember seeing that.
-I can understand this mostly. Or maybe RoF wasn't big enough of a deal and Bulma just thought over it. As if she's exaggerating, but I doubt that's the reason.
-I remember reading in the manga that Freeza states he is one of the strongest, also including the fact that King Cold had a power very much like his own.
-Vegeta's rage boost made sense to me. He was already near Goku's power, so his Rage boost basically boosted him passed the SsJ3 multiplier which resides at 4x SsJ2. Given Gohan's rage boosts, a 5x multiplier aor anything like that isn't surprising. Although, it doesn't seem the most logical.

I don't think Goku could take Freeza 100% at base form. I see no evidence showing that he actually gained enough strength to be 50x what he was during the Freeza arc, to what he is in the Boo Arc. My main thoughts come from the fact that a multiplier as small as 2x changed worlds completely when Gohan fought Cell, so Goku becoming 50x without some new training method is ridiculous if you ask me.
SIAD disliked your post.

What???

I thought that was impossible.[/quote]I do not really dislike a lot. At some points I agree, but what I did not like or rather, did not realize that the momentum of Vegeta SSJ2 (Enraged) was unimaginably greater, considering that Goku said neither a hypothetical Vegetto SSJ3 (BoG) could against Bills (Completely Cancelled) and Vegeta SSJ2 (Enraged) exceeded Bills (Completely Cancelled). Thus increasing Angered Vegeta must have been unimaginably large.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Bardock said:

- He said to Satan that someone other than the Zet-Senshi may win, in other words, Oob.
- He explicitly states in the manga he's the strongest in the universe, not one of them. King Cold's power was only similar to that of a supressed Freeza, supported by Freeza viewing SSJ Goku as the strongest in the universe aside from himself and the Daizenshuu stating him to be inferior to Freeza.
- It wasn't just a 4x boost. Vegeta was able of visibly damaging Initial Beerus, someone who Goku knew even fusion wouldn't work on. Do you believe that SS3 Goku could do that to someone stronger than SS3 Vegetto?

He did have new training methods, to be more specific, the Rosat. There's also countless feats supporting the Base Saiyans to have gotten so far, such as Base Trunks fighting evenly with #18 in a restrictive costume, Vegeta being assured of his superiority at the Budokai even with the no SSJ rule despite #18 being on the plane, Kaioshin being wary of Pui Pui and scared of Yakon (the latter even supported by the Daizenshuu) and the 2008 OVA seeming to make the point that Freeza's power wasn't a big deal to the Base Saiyans anymore. Overall, there's far more supporting it than going against it, especially when your argument for it is that the numbers don't seem to make sense. A 2x difference being world changing wasn't too new, since even 1.1-1.2x gaps in the Saiyan and Namek Arcs were enough for characters to seem in different tiers.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
Beerus was sort of "outside" the Universe when Freeza reigned because he wasn't in the living world. Buu was sealed away, so at the time Freeza was the strongest in the universe. Unless you count GT, where even redshirt robots are 10 million times stronger than Freeza.

TheGmGoken

Low Class Warrior
It's canon to me but doesn't change how shitty both movies were (I saw RF via YouTube). It's like the stupid family member you just have to accept. The manga is Dick Grayson.The anime is Tim Drake. Dbz Kai is Nightwing. GT was Jason Todd. These movies are Damian Wayne. Nuff said.

Gohan THINKS he can go Ssj? Lol no.

Latest profile posts

Father wrote on 最強のフュージョン's profile.
Bill Cosby will have the prep time that Pm. snake never had baby wooooooooo!!
Never watched that filler lol
INCORRECT, remember Princess Snake tried to sedate Goku and that shit didn't work