Ask Super Saiyan

Warmmedown

Elite
How's it feel to be 25?

How much work do you have to do before you can enroll at uni again?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Not too different. I still feel like I'm 20 most of the time aside from always being sore :king . I've been trying to become more easygoing while also retaining the important parts of my serious personality such as work ethic and overall focus.

I'm about to write a test, and then I have two more units + final exam, then I have to do the next course which will be 5 more units + exam. I'm trying to go as quickly as possible but it's hard to rush biology with the amount of info that needs to be memorized.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Fuck no. I could read and write a fair amount in high school but stopped taking it the moment it wasn't compulsory.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Watched the first one and scored 0 because I apparently clicked too many times. Wtf? Also the driving on the left side of the road is triggering me.

Warmmedown

Elite
I got that for clicking too much too. Even without that, managed to get 0 points somehow sometimes lol. Had to look on youtube to find out how to do it right. It's only moving hazards and you have to click it as soon as it starts to look like it's coming in front of you (5 pts if you click fast enough, goes gradually down to 0 points if you take too long), but it only counts if it actually ended up being dangerous in the end and if you click too early you get nothing lol. Guy on YT showed a way of cheating it by clicking, waiting a bit and clicking again and it gives you extra points, like say 3 pts for being slightly slow and 2 pts for being even more slow, which adds up to 5 so it treats it like you were quick. Dumb.

You ever heard of Language Reactor? It's this browser extension on Chrome (and Chromium-based browsers, like Brave) that lets you see subtitles in two languages at once on Youtube and Netflix. For Japanese you can have the kana, romaji and English at the same time and you can click individual words to see what they mean and hear a pronunciation, which to me sounds like an actual person recorded it.
edit: there's another one called Immerse with Migaku (Migaku.io) for Japanese that works with Crunchyroll and some other sites, but I've not used that one

Last edited:

Warmmedown

Elite
How do you memorise new vocab? Three The words I know are mostly whatever I've learnt through an app and then happened to remember. Do you use any methods like flashcards or spaced repetition?

You mentioned you might have to do some deliveries at this rate if you can't find another job. Have you ever done driving work before? How does the insurance work?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
You ever heard of Language Reactor? It's this browser extension on Chrome (and Chromium-based browsers, like Brave) that lets you see subtitles in two languages at once on Youtube and Netflix. For Japanese you can have the kana, romaji and English at the same time and you can click individual words to see what they mean and hear a pronunciation, which to me sounds like an actual person recorded it.
edit: there's another one called Immerse with Migaku (Migaku.io) for Japanese that works with Crunchyroll and some other sites, but I've not used that one
Nah I haven’t. That sounds really useful though.

rate. pode me dar uma opinião (Cö shu Nie – bullet (Slushii Remix))
Honestly I really liked it until the drop. The drop killed all of the buildup for me. I really enjoy that genre of EDM though with good vocals and instrumentals.

How would you rate Baby's character in my GT rewrite?
Idk about a score but it was obviously a massive improvement over the original product. He had actual depth and complexity behind his motives which made him a much more interesting character. His admission of defeat in the epilogue was a nice way to end his arc.

How do you memorise new vocab? Three The words I know are mostly whatever I've learnt through an app and then happened to remember. Do you use any methods like flashcards or spaced repetition?

You mentioned you might have to do some deliveries at this rate if you can't find another job. Have you ever done driving work before? How does the insurance work?
It’s pretty well all spaced repetition. Wanikani spaces out every Kanji or vocab word by something like 4 hours, then 8 hours, then 16 hours, 24 hours, and finally 2 days. If you get both the meaning and reading correct you move to the next level, if not you regress. After those it gets spaced out something like 1 month for master rank, 3 months for enlightened, and if you pass again after 6 months you won’t see the word again. It’s been really effective so far. The hardest part is many kanji look nearly identical so it’s tough to remember which is which.

No I’ve never tried it. And I’m not sure how it would work. Some jobs use a company car and others you have to use your own and don’t even get reimbursed for gas. I’d rather find one where I use a company car if possible but I’ll likely have to use my own.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
What do you think of the way most schools are structured, with traditional subjects like Math, Chemistry? Do you think that's the best way to prepare the students for "" the world? Or maybe there could be more incentive to practical skills?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I'm relatively fine with how my school went about it. Science and math were compulsory until grade 11, at which point you could either stop taking them or take easier versions of the courses. I definitely think there should be more emphasis on practical skills though. I took wood working for a semester and it was a great experience, but I chose to do it. I think that, finances, auto class for cars, and maybe even cooking should be compulsory for at least 1 year. I didn't take any of that shit and I regret it. I couldn't cook shit when I went to university which was obviously not ideal.

Latest profile posts

Speak for yourselves :zorc
If we could focus well we'd be doing other things
I have never been able to focus well : o