Buu Saga/Fusion Reborn Chain thingy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Pakl said:
Goku compares Fat Janemba to Fat Boo... That means they are the same level...
How come they're at the same level when Goku stated that he never felt a ki like Janemba before which includes Gotenks and Boo?

*Fat Janemba powers up*
Goku: "I ain't ever felt a ki as incredible as that!"

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Fearless Saiyajin said:
How come Piccolo didn't sense the power of Boo increased after Gotenks kicked Boo?

It doesn't make sense that since nothing EVER noted that he powered and Piccolo was like ''i was wrong''. We've seen in the series that everyone powered up and at least stated to be powered up and unlike there was nothing.
Where was Perfect Cell said to power up when he went from weaker than G2 Vegeta to tanking his kick to the neck? :cage1

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Mike said:
Fearless Saiyajin said:
How come Piccolo didn't sense the power of Boo increased after Gotenks kicked Boo?

It doesn't make sense that since nothing EVER noted that he powered and Piccolo was like ''i was wrong''. We've seen in the series that everyone powered up and at least stated to be powered up and unlike there was nothing.
Where was Perfect Cell said to power up when he went from weaker than G2 Vegeta to tanking his kick to the neck? :cage1
It doesn't have to be stated since before the match, Krilin already said that Vegeta will be killed so there's no need for that beside Cell said he was just warming up that shows the hint that Cell was holding back.

Chapter: 383 (DBZ 189), P4.8, P5.1, P6.1
Context: after Kuririn says Vegeta will be killed by Cell
Kuririn: “It-it’s true that I’m absolutely nothing special compared to you Saiyans…B-but I can at least tell how strong my opponent is…S-so I know how fearsome he is…Even though I was just barely tapped by him, I know his fearsomeness…! You can’t go by the ki you can feel now…He’s hiding far, far more terrible power…!”

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Fearless Saiyajin said:
It doesn't have to be stated since before the match, Krilin already said that Vegeta will be killed so there's no need for that beside Cell said he was just warming up that shows the hint that Cell was holding back.
If we're going to make arbitrary rules, than I can just say "It doesn't need to be stated that Boo powered up since Gotenks and Piccolo already said that Gotenks might stand a chance and then later Boo tanks Gotenks' blows."

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Based on my logic Krilin was right about Vegeta going to lose.
Based on your logic Piccolo was wrong as he thought Base Gotenks might stand a chance against Boo and can't do any shit. See the difference?

GokhanDBZfan

Mid Class Warrior
Fearless Saiyajin said:
Pakl said:
How come they're at the same level when Goku stated that he never felt a ki like Janemba before which includes Gotenks and Boo?

*Fat Janemba powers up*
He doesn't include Evil Boo or Gotenks in that statement, only the Fat Boo, because the former two didn't even exist yet.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
GokhanDBZfan said:
Fearless Saiyajin said:
Pakl said:

*Fat Janemba powers up*
He doesn't include Evil Boo or Gotenks in that statement, only the Fat Boo, because the former two didn't even exist yet.
lol
ghost.gif

GokhanDBZfan

Mid Class Warrior
At the time he made that statement, Gotenks didn't exist yet.
In between that scene, where Goku meets Janenba, and the finale of the film, Gotenks and Evil Boo were born.

GokhanDBZfan

Mid Class Warrior
How come?There is nothing really stating how the movies function, that actually makes sense.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
That doesn't make sense. It's like you're just cherry picking whatever suits your opinion, obviously the movie was pretty much straight.

GokhanDBZfan

Mid Class Warrior
It does make sense.That's why for example, Movie 7 focuses on the SSJs and only has Kamiccolo arrive later in the film and get treated like sh*t.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
Chapter: 489 (DBZ 295), P11.5
Context: seeing Gotenks after he’d trained in the Room of Spirit and Time
Piccolo: “He-he really is different…! He really has greatly powered up…! Th-this just might…!”

Chapter: 489 (DBZ 295), P12.4-7
Context: Gotenks attacks Boo, to little effect
Piccolo: “…Th-this may be hopeless…”
My initial argument was that Super Boo was never noted as increasing his Ki when he first arrives. Nobody says he got stronger.

This proves nothing.

When is this ever said? Kaboom saying something doesn't mean it's a fact.
It explains why Piccolo isn't reliable. And why his reasoning isn't always justifiable by it's own admission.

Likely because the power difference was very small.
Majin Vegeta was certain Goku had to be stronger then Kid Gohan. Piccolo isn't certain.

Clearly one is more reliable then the other.

...Your point being? And when did he ever say Goku was stronger than he expected?
Vegeta said that he expected Goku to be stronger then Gohan was against Cell. This contradicts Piccolo's estimation, which only places him slightly beyond Kid Gohan.

Piccolo is not a reliable source.

Okay. Angry Gohan > Boo, and Vegeta > Boo. How does this make Piccolo bad at sensing Ki?
According to Gohan, 'SSj2 Kid Gohan > Innocent Boo (Initial), yet Vegeta laughs at this battle power and suggests that himself and Goku SSj2 are far beyond it.

There is a huge difference, which means that Piccolo is again, not reliable.

Because Boo was close to Goku.
I debunked that already.

Well I went over Goku's fight with Innocent Boo, and for the first issue, it was more-or-less just Goku buying some time and not really taking the fight seriously at all. Innocent Boo only managed to land a single punch on him because Goku was thinking about how Majin Boo can learn any move rather quickly.

This one-sided fight continues on to the opening of the following issue, where Goku opens with a cross to his face, and Innocent Boo returns with one of his. But the artwork still shows that Goku is completely non-chalant. Goku did perform a Kamehameha wave, but as we see during his fight with Pure Boo, Goku requires at least 1 full minute to gather his Ki in order to unleash a fully powered Kamehameha wave; the one he performed against Innocent Boo likely had the amount of effort that he was putting into the fight, none at all.

So the fight continues and Goku is still learning about Majin Boo's weird anatomy and how quickly he can learn new attacks. Which surprises him when Boo performs a Kamehameha wave. Goku knocks it back and Majin Boo decides to knock it in the direction opposite to Goku, giving him no time to stop it. Babadi was always standing behind Boo and the artwork shows that this is what happened. Think of it as the time when Nappa was about to murder Gohan and Krillen and a more powerful Goku was unable to close the distance between himself and Nappa.

The evidence is here:

[+] Spoiler

Pay attention to where Babadi is in comparison to Majin Boo before and after the explosion.

Finally, Goku ends the fight because he no longer has to buy any time and compliments Boo about his ability to instantly learn anybodies fighting techniques.

As a final wrap-up, I didn't see any evidence to support the claim that these two were actually close in power at that time. If there was, well... I didn't see it.

There is nothing wrong with Goku being 2.5x stronger than Innocent Boo at all, and Innocent Boo simultaneously being 2.5x stronger than Teen Gohan. This would actually make much more sense considering how Vegeta was able to at least resist Majin Boo to some degree. I seriously believe that Majin Boo's energy radar is completely accurate, why else would Toriyama place it there?

So Boo increased his power and thus fooled Piccolo and Gotenks. Thank you for helping my case.
As I proved above, Piccolo is not reliable.

If you're willing to believe such theories, that they require next to no evidence, you might as well make up the manga for yourself. It shows that you're desperate and you're willing to believe anything, as long as it makes Goku weaker, despite said evidence being up for interpretation.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Fearless Saiyajin said:
Pakl said:

*Fat Janemba powers up*
I think they intended Fat Janemba to be in Fat Boos level... Goku even compares them.... I dont think the statement includes SSjin Gotenks because TOEI likely had him use the Kamikazie attack long after and used the last thing in the Anime

Its similiar to Gohan being changed to ultimate in BoG

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Pakl said:
Fearless Saiyajin said:
Pakl said:

*Fat Janemba powers up*
I think they intended Fat Janemba to be in Fat Boos level... Goku even compares them.... I dont think the statement includes SSjin Gotenks because TOEI likely had him use the Kamikazie attack long after and used the last thing in the Anime

Its similiar to Gohan being changed to ultimate in BoG
That's your opinion. Goku comparing Fat Boo to Janemba is just a dumb conclusion.