DRAGON BALL: Sparking! ZERO

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
He was already unlocked lol

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
I was waiting until a few days before to preorder and forgot. Oh well.

Future Warrior

Elite
Fuck, the combat is incredible. Good thing I did the battle training from the start, otherwise I wouldn't have any clue what to do lol.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Fuck, the combat is incredible. Good thing I did the battle training from the start, otherwise I wouldn't have any clue what to do lol.
Yeah I need to do the training. Only did ~5 battles yesterday with limited time and lost 3 of them to the CPU lol. I have no idea how to dodge their ultimate attacks. It seems like as soon as their animation appears for it it's too late to dodge lol.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Played the Goku goes alone against Raditz variation of the story mode to avoid playing the same tired old story all over again. Wasn't too bad, other than the fact that it was getting kind of tedious to fight Freeza minion after minion up until Freeza himself showed up on Earth. Still millions of lightyears above FnF though.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Oozaru Vegeta seems to be the bane of everyone's existence who played this...so I'm looking forward to some of the experiences here. I've heard nothing but rave reviews on the game so far.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Oozaru Vegeta is indeed a hassle to get through. I had to beat him twice because I faced him in a what if story mode where Goku survived Raditz first, he was much harder in the main story as I couldn't use the Super Kamehameha on him in that one. 4th form Freeza in the main story is also a hard boss though, as well as SSJ Namek Goku in the Freeza story mode due to his ability to one-shot you if he gets an angry Kamehameha in.

Future Warrior

Elite
Tried to make a Gogeta vs Boohan what if but this shit is a massive pain to make. They need to touch up the layout and quality of life stuff.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
This game is hard as hell. I've only put an hour into to it so far but have completed all of the tutorials. No way in hell am I going to remember all of those combos and controls lol.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah during story mode I've given up on the melee combat for the most part and devolved into charging up so I can use supers and ultimates lol. This game kind of has the same problems as previous installments where button mashing to charge up and use supers and ultimates in largely not-so-various fashions is the way to win.

Oozaru Vegeta is also undoubtedly the most frustrating boss as previously stated. No matter how big that monkey is he shouldn't be able to tank 10 hit combos and deplete half a health bar with a grab and toss lol. I wish you could skip the post-defeat cutscenes as well, they can be tiring in cases like Namek Freeza vs. Goku where in both sides of the story you find your self in the losing end quite frequently.

The saddest thing about all these combos is that melee combat usually devolves to mashing rectangle and triangle over and over, buying distance from the opponent to charge up, then blasting them with ultimates as frequently as possible. It also feels criminal that some in-game power ups like Kaioken don't even last long enough for the 2~5 bars you use up to be worth it, since they charge up so slowly. Rush attacks are also annoying due to how frequently they miss or just collide with the opponent. I fucking lost using Super Vegetto against Piccolo once because attempting my rush attack just threw me out of bounds lol.

Only completed the Freeza story mode so far (Goku's story is so expansive it's hard to feel anything but tired after playing through the two easily accessible what-ifs), but I wish the game gave you more opportunities to actually utilize the YUGE combo chains rather than devolve into the Tenkaichi series' old pitfalls of button mashing and abusing relatively-similar ultimates and supers.

Last edited:

Future Warrior

Elite
This game is hard as hell. I've only put an hour into to it so far but have completed all of the tutorials. No way in hell am I going to remember all of those combos and controls lol.
Maybe it’s cause I have good muscle memory, but I still felt a massive improvement in my combat after I completed the tutorial, even if there were a good amount of things I didn’t remember.

I guess just spend more time playing? lol.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Maybe it’s cause I have good muscle memory, but I still felt a massive improvement in my combat after I completed the tutorial, even if there were a good amount of things I didn’t remember.

I guess just spend more time playing? lol.
Oh yeah I'm definitely more competent now that I've done it. But remembering the exact timing for some of these combos will take ages lol

Future Warrior

Elite
Oh yeah I'm definitely more competent now that I've done it. But remembering the exact timing for some of these combos will take ages lol
Yeah nah don’t sweat it. One hour of play is a very short time lol.

Also never forget to use perception and revenge counter in a tight spot. Defensive play is a requirement in this game if you wanna get good.

Last edited:

Latest profile posts

Same. RIP to your brother Yoshi.
Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.