Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Goku and Vegeta will be off planet training somewhere as an excuse to leave them out of the events of the movie. Also serves as a perfect excuse to leave out Ultra Instinct and Ultra Ego like they did with the former in Broly.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Double post: I also have a theory that they are using this style of animation as an experiment for bringing back the anime to continue. It might be more cost effective and easier to produce over time, and the movie would serve as the perfect way to ease the fans into the new look of the show. Just a theory though.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
But 100% canonical story deserves better than the partial canon anime. :cry :cry :cry

Didn’t FnF and DB-Super also come-out back-to-back?

Warmmedown

Elite
Lol, thought "ultra ego" was a jibe at Vegeta, but it's real.

They should use this art style
NOpmEv.gif

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
See my point? Especially the other SSJ2 looking one below that image. That doesn’t look like Ultimate, does it?

Gohan looking kewl.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I wonder what the explanation is for him going Super Saiyan in the first place. He got his Ultimate form back when training with Piccolo for the ToP. Though I'm sure its more a matter of needing to have SSJ in the movie because its iconic rather than for a good reason. I'm sure there's zero chance TOEI puts out a movie without the transformation.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
I wonder what the explanation is for him going Super Saiyan in the first place. He got his Ultimate form back when training with Piccolo for the ToP. Though I'm sure its more a matter of needing to have SSJ in the movie because its iconic rather than for a good reason. I'm sure there's zero chance TOEI puts out a movie without the transformation.
Because Gohan is the biggest retread of any character in the entire franchise, his entire shnitck is that the writers will just bring him back to his earlier days when he was "kewl".

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.