Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I wonder what the explanation is for him going Super Saiyan in the first place. He got his Ultimate form back when training with Piccolo for the ToP. Though I'm sure its more a matter of needing to have SSJ in the movie because its iconic rather than for a good reason. I'm sure there's zero chance TOEI puts out a movie without the transformation.

Talked this in Kanzenshuu with some folks and some people think Toriyama might have succumbed to Toei’s “Ultimate is a transformation” thing. Explains why he has different hairstyles in base.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Talked this in Kanzenshuu with some folks and some people think Toriyama might have succumbed to Toei’s “Ultimate is a transformation” thing. Explains why he has different hairstyles in base.
That's fair. Just in this series alone, he's been Super Saiyan in BoG, which was changed to Ultimate at the last minute because AT forgot about it. Then in FnF, Ultimate is Gone and Gohan barely pulls off SSJ. When we get to the ToP, Gohan can use SSJ but has to get his Ultimate form remastered by training with Piccolo. Now, in Super Hero, he's going SSJ again. Clearly, the original understanding of Ultimate no longer applies. :troll :troll :troll

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Someone also said Gohan’s “I’ll evolve as a human” thing was a Toyotaro idea, and Toriyama doesn’t give a shit about it. He’ll just write following his own notes instead of any particular medium. Goes along with how the Broly movie portrayed SSJB and it’s variations (or lack thereof).

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
And if the fusion-pose means anything and isn't just used for promotional-material's sake, we'll also see grown-up Gotenks.
Probably. That's some fan service, but its one of the only things left that fans have been waiting to see. It will be interesting to see if they movie establishes Gohan>Gotenks or not. Having Gotenks be above Gohan would kind of undercut Gohan in this.

Also this adds to my theory that any further movies or anime will deviate from the manga. Since they are still kids in the manga, it will be weird to see the show pick up where the ToP left off and follow the manga from there, going back from the movie and making them kids again. Especially since more people will see this movie as opposed to those who read the manga.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Finally we'll see teen/adult Gotenks outside of Heroes? That's one reason to look forward to this movie at least

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.