Goku in M10

p123

Elite
Yea I thought it was confirmed that the Kamehameha was actually wrecking Broly quite badly. For as durable as he seemed to be, he really cracked apart when the pressure was on him.

I'm fine with Super Saiyan Goku/Goten and Super Saiyan 2 Gohan being able to take him out. Broly is probably right around Fat Buu's first power ups level.

Sam

Low Class Warrior
I think Goku was definitely there. His chi was sensed by everyone around. This could all be an illusion of the Dragonballs, sure, but there's no way to prove that. How could Broly have seen Goku with that gigantic, immense green ball of death in between the huge gap of space between him and Gohan/Goten? I just don't think he could. He acknowledges Goku with his psychopathic "Kakaroto!" AFTER Goku lands and turns Super Saiyan. I doubted for a long time that Broly could sense chi, but, apparently he can. And there's no way he could just SEE Goku, right? With all that chaos going on? Or hear him?

As for Goku being SSj2, that's debatable. Could he? Most likely. Should he? Most likely. Does it definitely look like Gohan turned SSj2 in the final charge? Almost certainly, he was earlier in the movie. Does it look like Goku could have in the final charge? Potentially, but, that could also be attributed to the massive amount of wind that was blowing in their faces.

I however, think that the Kamehameha shot him into the sun for a reason. He tried to erect a chi barrier, and it did momentarily halt the Kamehameha briefly. He yelled in agony/rage when it hit him, but, after that, you don't see him at all until he smashes into the sun. From there, he's screaming and his heart explodes and he is eviscerated. Why send him into the sun otherwise? Because he has healing properties, sure, and maybe to make sure he's defeated and to not leave any doubt in the viewers' mind... but, practically, they had to at least admit there was a good chance he'd survive and that this was their final shot at stopping him, so, they sent him into the sun. I have no doubt in my mind that Kamehameha would have hurt him good, but, damaged him like he was after movie 8? Probably not. Killed him? I'm guessing no. The sun was an insurance policy.

I put M10 Broly at around Good Boo's power level.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Actually, the narrator asks if the image of Goku with Gohan in the Cell fight was real or not too..

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
Son Gokū said:
I remember helping out. Events similar to this movie happened in my universe. I had the SSJ2 transformation by then, but didn't need to use it.
Goten's wording let me come back just to help with the situation, but then I had to go back...
Lmao!

Because Goku was seen from Broly that proves that he was there and because it was a family Kamehameha, than his power was used to defeat Broly.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Its not called family KHH... Thats a fanmade

Goku vs Broli is like Goku with Gohan vs Cell... Both instances Goku gave his power but the main power came from his sons..m

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
I think it's obvious Goku was there. There would be no other reason for drawing it that way. It clearly took the combined strength of Goten, Goku & Teen Gohan to defeat Broly.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Goku gave his power vs Cell too in the Anime so its the same

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
I don't recall Goku giving his energy to Gohan in the anime, he was merely rooting him on from the other-world.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The Daizenshuu claims Gohan borrowed Goku's power, but that is bs. Goku gave him the mental edge to push on.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
The Daizenshuu is bullshit in general. It's an ancient book and was relevant at one time, but it no longer is.

Tapion

High Class Warrior
The Daizenshuu is nowhere near bullshit. It may has some mistakes, but IT IS pretty reliable when it doesn't contradict the manga.
And Nappa's 4,000 number is given in the Daizenshuu, and yet you follow it.

kriss-

Elite
Suspended
Nah, the Daizenshuu is bullshit, lmao. Actually, I follow Nappa being 4,500.

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
I don't find the Diaz to be reliable at times

Majin Vegeta > SSJ Gotenks?
Gohan = Goten?

I'm sure Goku gave Gohan mental support against Cell and nothing more. Goku in M10 I have no idea. Since when could Shenron hear a person's thoughts and grant wishes as so, especially without showing up. Why didn't he show up when Trunks was distracting Broly? Where the Dragonballs still charging? Why would Shenron bring Goku back to help defeat Broly when he couldn't bring Goku back 7 years prior?

xmysticgohanx

High Class Warrior
Super Saiyan Overlord1007 said:

Gohan = Goten?

I'm sure Goku gave Gohan mental support against Cell and nothing more. Goku in M10 I have no idea. Since when could Shenron hear a person's thoughts and grant wishes as so, especially without showing up. Why didn't he show up when Trunks was distracting Broly? Where the Dragonballs still charging? Why would Shenron bring Goku back to help defeat Broly when he couldn't bring Goku back 7 years prior?
The Daiz says base post rosat > Majin Vegeta > base pre rosat Gotenks. Gotenks is showed in base in the Daiz pic.

Gohan = Goten is likely due to post rosat stuff

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Toriyama interviews have contradicted the Daizenshuu several times, and while I find his senile responses unreliable as well, it's the word of an author vs. a bunch of guys sitting on a desk who didn't write the series being paid to write a book on it, so I'd take the word of the author. The Daizenshuu is only as reliable as those Shonen Jump entries Toriyama didn't write, like the backstory of the Ginyu Force and the Saiyan arc levels that have Roshi at 190 and Kami lower than Daimao.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Actually Gogan said Goku gave him power in the Anime.... There is a reason he was SSjin and not base like in the Manga

SPC is stated to be stronger than Gohan in the Anime

Pakl

High Class Warrior
xmysticgohanx said:
Super Saiyan Overlord1007 said:

Gohan = Goten?

The Daiz says base post rosat > Majin Vegeta > base pre rosat Gotenks. Gotenks is showed in base in the Daiz pic.

Gohan = Goten is likely due to post rosat stuff

All the characters appear in base in their bio

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Pakl said:
Actually Gogan said Goku gave him power in the Anime.... There is a reason he was SSjin and not base like in the Manga

SPC is stated to be stronger than Gohan in the Anime
Really? Where was that? I don't remember.

Latest profile posts

aLWPZLM.jpg
That’s because you’re nice @Theallpowerfulpuipui