My theory; FP 2nd Form Freeza > Giant Slug ~ Weighted Piccolo(Post) > Initial 2nd Form Freeza

Tapion

High Class Warrior
This is my short thesis on Lord Slug's strength, and why i think he is weaker than Full-Power 2nd Form Freeza, and about equal to Weighted Piccolo.

Right off the bat, i'd like to present an important piece of evidence; the release dates. The movie "DBZ: Lord Slug" was released in Japan on March 9, 1991. This is important, because the latest episode before the movie was released was the episode "Piccolo - The Super Namek" which was released on March 6, 1991. In this episode, Piccolo arrives in the battlefield to fight Freeza; however, they only begin fighting in the next episode, "Déja vu", released on March 13, 1991, several days after the movie Lord Slug was released. Remember, 2nd Form Freeza didn't actually show his full power until he fought Piccolo for a while. Therefore, we have;

Weighted Piccolo ~ 2nd Form Freeza(Against Enraged Gohan)

Since the movie was released before 2nd Form Freeza showed his full power in the anime, then it is safe to say King Kai was only referring to Initial 2nd Form Freeza when he said that Slug was even stronger than Freeza, but not Freeza's FP. Therefore;

Unweighted Piccolo > 2nd Form Freeza(FP) > Giant Slug ~ Weighted Piccolo > Freeza(vs. Enraged Gohan)

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
If Lord Slug is called Super-Namekian just like Piccolo, I'd just say he's on-par. :idk :idk :idk

Toei's logic. :sure :sure :sure

Tapion

High Class Warrior
Fantastische Hure said:
If Lord Slug is called Super-Namekian just like Piccolo, I'd just say he's on-par. :idk :idk :idk

Lord Slug is never called Super Namekian on the movie IIRC. If he is, then it's probably a dubline.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
HUEBR_Tapion said:
Fantastische Hure said:

Lord Slug is never called Super Namekian on the movie IIRC. If he is, then it's probably a dubline.
OK, but then I'm sure something does call him a Super-Namekian. Maybe Daizenshuu.

Future Warrior

Elite
Then how strong is SS Goku in this movie then? He doesn't look like he took any superficial damage after his beatdown.

Tapion

High Class Warrior
Well, Toriyama said he originally viewed the SSj multiplier as 10x - if we take that at face value and assume Toei had access to this concept, then SSJ Goku in the movie is 900,000 - and this actually fits rather nice.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
HUEBR_Tapion said:
Well, Toriyama said he originally viewed the SSj multiplier as 10x - if we take that at face value and assume Toei had access to this concept, then SSJ Goku in the movie is 900,000 - and this actually fits rather nice.
Lord Slug takes place in the same universe as Movie 3, and in Movie 3 Goku used Kaio-Ken x10.

Future Warrior

Elite
You'd think Goku would have used Kaioken x10 on Slug then, considering he used it the movie prior. Plus he was still stronger than Slug, it's just not enough to severely injure him.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Actually movie 4 was revealed after Freeza transformed to his 3rd form

You probably got this release date from Wikipedia but its wrong

Giant Slug > 3rd form Freeza

Diamond Ryan

High Class Warrior
Kanzenshuu says it was released on March 9th.

The movie premiered as part of the 1991 Spring “Toei Anime Fair” (東映アニメフェア; Tōei Anime Fea) on 09 March 1991, along with another movie from the Magical Taluluto series.

This is before the episode where Second Form Freeza shows his full power I believe.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Kanzenshuu changed the release date a few months ago because last time I saw ot, it was said to be revealed in March 19... I also thought movie 4 was revealed between episodes 81 and 82 from wiki but Kanzenshuu showed it was revealed after episode 82 but now it was changed

Pakl

High Class Warrior
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GdaYPTDpgic

I guess its really before episode 82? I doubt so though because Giant Slug being higher than 3rd form Freeza fits with FSSjin Goku being 25x and Slug surpassing him... I used to say Giant Slug ~ Piccolo with Nail when I thought movie 4 was before episode 82

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Pakl said:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GdaYPTDpgic

I guess its really before episode 82? I doubt so though because Giant Slug being higher than 3rd form Freeza fits with FSSjin Goku being 25x and Slug surpassing him... I used to say Giant Slug ~ Piccolo with Nail when I thought movie 4 was before episode 82
Hey dip-shit,

if lord-slug was released before the episode where Freeza transformed into 3rd state, then it makes sense for Lord-Slug to be on-par with 3rd Form Freeza or what?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
It's probably more accurate to go with what the manga chapters were at the time. For instance, Movie 5 makes it clear that Goku defeated Freeza, despite the fight still being ongoing in the anime at the point the film was released.

Also, assuming the characters were somewhat similar in strength to their anime counterparts, even that wouldn't work in keeping Slug below 2nd form Freeza. Base Goku's feats show him to be above Piccolo in this movie, and it can be assumed from both Movie 3 and Goku's Namek Arc statements that he should have Kaioken x10 in this timeline, yet he admitted Base Slug was far above him until he went SSJ. It also took a Kaioken x100 to bring Giant Slug down. Assuming M4 Goku was equal to his Namek Arc self, then...

Base Goku - 90,000
Kaioken x10 Goku- 900,000
Kaioken x100 Goku - 9,000,000
Base Slug - 1,000,000+
Giant Slug - Below 9,000,000 though not by a massive amount.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
A guidebook (V-Jump, I believe) had a section stating Goku used it against Giant Slug.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
You know you could still think Lord Slug is on-par with Super-Namekian Piccolo, if you just give False Super-Saiyan a 20x boost. Also makes sense, since the movie before 10x was used and the movie after the actual Super-Saiyan was used.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Even if limiting FSSJ to a 20x boost, you'd still have it being at least 1.8mil, easily above Piccolo and 2nd form Freeza. Giant Slug is also likely stronger than that, plus it seems doubtful that Kaioken x100 Goku would be several times stronger than Giant Slug if he still needed the Genki Dama to finish things off after putting a hole in Slug.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
Even if limiting FSSJ to a 20x boost, you'd still have it being at least 1.8mil, easily above Piccolo and 2nd form Freeza. Giant Slug is also likely stronger than that, plus it seems doubtful that Kaioken x100 Goku would be several times stronger than Giant Slug if he still needed the Genki Dama to finish things off after putting a hole in Slug.
I actually think Piccolo is around that level, but yeah most put him around 1.7 million or something which is below 1.8 million.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.