SSJ2 reads Kingdom

Future Warrior

Elite
I think I agree with you. For me, I think the writing quality is on par, but I’m just heavily biased for Ouki lol. I would probably put Sanyou at #4 for me.

I loved Rinko though.

Future Warrior

Elite
Btw, I’m sure you’ve probably seen some strength stats from characters at the end of the chapters. DO NOT TAKE THEM AS GOSPEL.

They are decently accurate early on but the further you read the story the more nonsensical the stats become. Hara presumably came up with them but everybody in the fandom assumes he’s on drugs when making them.

Feats always come first.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
That was something I was going to bring up actually. I scanned through them but didn't pay much attention honestly. But I'm kind of curious as to how the power scaling will be handled from here. Shin already beat Rinko, who is clearly still leagues below the 6 great generals/3 heavenly kings, but how many more enemies can be between that level? Renpa/Ouki are treated as the strongest people that need to be surpassed.

Future Warrior

Elite
That was something I was going to bring up actually. I scanned through them but didn't pay much attention honestly. But I'm kind of curious as to how the power scaling will be handled from here. Shin already beat Rinko, who is clearly still leagues below the 6 great generals/3 heavenly kings, but how many more enemies can be between that level?
You will meet them. And to be fair, Shin was extremely lucky to defeat Rinko there. He was pushed to the absolute limit (which sparks his battle growth) and Sosui offered a distraction which gave him a clean hit. I think the stats offered here are pretty accurate

Shin - 89
Rinko - 93

who is clearly still leagues below the 6 great generals/3 heavenly kings,

I will just say that what it takes to become a great general isn't merely combat strength. It's certainly a factor, but Ouki and Renpa aren't considered legends based on that alone. The ability to manipulate the battlefield is really where their true merit lies. Riboku wouldn't beat Ouki or Renpa in a duel, but he is still a general that surpasses even them.

You will see that there is more to Shin's growth that just powering up.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Ouki most likely, but we got more of a look into how he did things compared to Renpa. Though Ouki considered him worthy enough to share drinks with as if he was a comrade, so they could be equals.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I had a feeling Tou was strong, but damn. This guy might be close to Ouki even.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah I think there's still a long way to go. Moubu hasn't done anything yet.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Duke Hyou recently died. Sei and Shin are 3 days into defending Sai.

Future Warrior

Elite
25b44b79ccb3760489b7732adf173b84.jpg

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah I knew Moubu was a beast. Still was surprised he was getting manhandled by Kanmei. So is Kanmei greater than all previous Qin Generals then?

Future Warrior

Elite
He is physically stronger than any of them probably. Ouketsu was the most physically strong of the Qin6 and yet he was killed by a younger Kanmei (though he may have been taken by surprise).

I would say at this point that I would favor Moubu over Ouki in a fight.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
At least in a physical fight, definitely. Moubu is still lacking battle tactics as he needed Shouheikun to plan the battle for him.

I'm also glad that Shouheikun somewhat defected from Ryofui.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I'll try to formulate a list after this arc finishes.

Future Warrior

Elite
Do it when you get close to current lol. It will inevitably change as more characters get screentime.

Future Warrior

Elite
I'll just come out and say it since your past it but Duke Hyou is the pinnacle of an instinctual general. You could put him up against almost anybody and make a solid argument as to why he'd win (granted with equal numbers).