SSJ2 reads Kingdom

Future Warrior

Elite

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I've started rereading The Art of War. According to Sun Tzu the likes of Shin and Duke Hyou should have been fodder generals.

"The general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought. The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand."

These instinctive generals are trash!

Future Warrior

Elite
sun-tzu-has-already-ended-this-debate-2500-years-ago-v0-m3h9680v99da1.jpg

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Riboku is weak sauce tho

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
And Houken still lost lol. Riboku was struggling with fodder after the hype he got. Maybe that year in prison completely destroyed him physically.

Future Warrior

Elite
Yeah honestly I'm pretty disappointed. I mean he still had a few years of recovery so I'm not sure why he couldn't just train. Maybe Ringyoku is actually a lot stronger than we think? But feels like Hara either forgot or retconned Riboku's martial prowess. This isn't the same man that showed up in Kanyou and unleashed a martial aura that intimidated Shin, Shouheikun, and Moubu after Bayou.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
It's weird because Shouheikun hasn't been actively in battle for seemingly years and is still said to be stronger than Moubu during their introductions. Riboku should have naturally gained his strength back after recovery. Could be a retcon.

Future Warrior

Elite
I don't think Shouheikun is currently stronger than Moubu lol. That statement refers to in the past.

But yeah I agree that the rules on whether characters retain their strength after inactivity is very unclear. Cause on the other hand we have the Wei Fire Dragons (the guys Shin and Ouhon fought), who spent 14 years behind bars and weren't implied to be weaker at all.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I mean when they were introduced. Saitaku literally says that Shouheikun was still stronger at that point. Moubu got stronger after his first appearances.

Future Warrior

Elite
I interpreted it as Saitaku just teasing Moubu, as I'm pretty sure Shouheikun and Moubu have had a rivalry since their early days.

In that same chapter Shouheikun even responds to Saitaku with ''That's going too far for a joke''.

I think it was just Hara wanting to build interest in the character.

Last edited:

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I dunno, Saitaku seems like the type of character who speaks the truth and then covers it up as a joke to not offend anyone. I think he could've been trying to remind Moubu that he was still far from the strongest in China and to spur him on.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Shouheikun is also a beast so I can see it.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Not yet, but that's partially why I'm rereading it.

Future Warrior

Elite
Nah but for real tho. Riboku had Ousen, Shouheikun, and Kanki all acting on the palm of his hand this arc. That's insane.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I don't think there's any doubt that he's the best tactician in the series.

Future Warrior

Elite
Historical Riboku (or Li Mu) was even more impressive on paper, without going into spoilers.

Latest profile posts

Speak for yourselves :zorc
If we could focus well we'd be doing other things
I have never been able to focus well : o