Movie 8

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
The Brolysm has been reduced over the years and I feared that once female Broly will make her debut then...

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
Wogman said:
Sorry for ever taking you seriously man. No offense but I am not going to bother with you if you truly believe in something this silly
Basically the majority of people's opinion of Pakl in a nutshell. :ladd
I consider you a good one CC... Dont act like that as nowadays noone except noobs of zeta thinks so about me...

Wogman

Low Class Warrior
Fearless Zamasu said:
Wogman said:
Fearless Zamasu said:
So what are you implying exactly? That Gohan just as strong like in the CG?

First I am fixing this idea that Gohan done the worst, when he actually did no better then Piccolo and Trunks and Vegeta done the worst.

Second, Why wouldn't he ? You think that little extra power is going to matter when against Broly, who is not only stronger, but leagues stronger to the point even 2 Masekos or a KAMEHAMEHA point blank done nothing to him ? Gohan was fodder, they all where. Even if Gohan was 50% stronger then Goku, he would still get crushed with ease in a matter of few hits.

Broly toyed and finished anyone he wanted, like Gohan being a bit stronger then his dad is going to make him do better in any way shape or form. Goku was the strongest in the movie, however, that doesn't mean Gohan was nerfed.

The fact that Goku and Piccolo has to saved Gohan in the movie implies that he's the weakest. If he was the strongest then he would done a much better feat than the others.

Piccolo saved Gohan in M9, is he the weakest there ? much better lol seriously rewatch the movie, because Gohan wouldn't come close to doing anything but getting crushed. Broly isn't a little stronger, he is a lot stronger. These are silly reasons man

Wogman

Low Class Warrior
p123 said:
I don't blame them. I acted the same exact way when people argued that Movie 8 characters were only USSJ level. I thought it was complete hogwash. But as I weighed the evidence, I came to realize that M8 was in fact, not Cell Game level. M8 is based off of USSJ Vegeta and Trunks being the guideline for power. This is ROSAT 1 (Vegeta/Trunks) and the rest of the cast has caught up to them. There is a lot of evidence that backs this up, too much for me to refute it. Broly is piss weak in M8 compared to what we thought he was (Super Saiyan 2 Level), he's just a weakling hovering around MSSJ level. He makes up for it in M10 though.

No it isn't. LSSJ is just based on USSJ design, power wise however doesn't include with the design since Broly outstrip that even in his SSj form. There is no evidence, all the evidence you have is theoretical ideas.

And no, you see, Broly isn't weak, because you literally need to downplay the Z fighters in order to make him weak.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Wogman said:
Fearless Zamasu said:
Wogman said:
First I am fixing this idea that Gohan done the worst, when he actually did no better then Piccolo and Trunks and Vegeta done the worst.

Second, Why wouldn't he ? You think that little extra power is going to matter when against Broly, who is not only stronger, but leagues stronger to the point even 2 Masekos or a KAMEHAMEHA point blank done nothing to him ? Gohan was fodder, they all where. Even if Gohan was 50% stronger then Goku, he would still get crushed with ease in a matter of few hits.

Broly toyed and finished anyone he wanted, like Gohan being a bit stronger then his dad is going to make him do better in any way shape or form. Goku was the strongest in the movie, however, that doesn't mean Gohan was nerfed.

The fact that Goku and Piccolo has to saved Gohan in the movie implies that he's the weakest. If he was the strongest then he would done a much better feat than the others.

Piccolo saved Gohan in M9, is he the weakest there ? much better lol seriously rewatch the movie, because Gohan wouldn't come close to doing anything but getting crushed. Broly isn't a little stronger, he is a lot stronger. These are silly reasons man

Seriously you need to rewatch the movie, Goku tried to saved Gohan for like 3x and even told him to stay away which implies that Gohan was the weakest in the group. So are you telling me that Goku doesn't want Gohan to fight Broly despite Gohan is the strongest in the group? Piccolo saving Gohan is different from Goku saving Gohan because that's what Toei does since M2.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Pakl said:
I consider you a good one CC... Dont act like that as nowadays noone except noobs of zeta thinks so about me...
Maybe if you were open to others' interpretations of something as debatable as Movie canon and scaling (specifically 3 and :pakl), instead of acting as though your opinion is fact and that others are foolish to have far different ideologies about something that was never set in stone.
I can understand your reasoning for things such as the Movie 8 placement, even be swayed by some, but your attitude towards it being absolute deters me from bothering to debate such with you.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
Pakl said:
Maybe if you were open to others' interpretations of something as debatable as Movie canon and scaling (specifically 3 and :pakl), instead of acting as though your opinion is fact and that others are foolish to have far different ideologies about something that was never set in stone.
I can understand your reasoning for things such as the Movie 8 placement, even be swayed by some, but your attitude towards it being absolute deters me from bothering to debate such with you.
I am open for other interpretations but when they make sense... I just dont like the way people ignore obvious evidence and such... I beg your pardon though

Pakl

High Class Warrior
As for the topic like really, I can see people arguing over movie 8 Goku bit the movie is based on the Perfect Cell Arc.. Gohan was not known to be the strongest so how can someone argue about hom being strongeer in movie 8??? I am seriously driving myself crazy about this.. Movie 9 is the movie for the Cell Games... Get over it already..

I would just post my reasoning full of facts evidence and statements of TOEI.... Seriously there is no debate here

I am going to make this and settle it once and for all with all the evidence... If you keep denying it after that, then you are *bleep*ing biased retards or trolls LOL

Most will be dedicated to Movie 8 Goku as most agree the rest are much weaker than in the Cell Games..

Now let us begin!!!!

Movie Timeline

"Dragon Ball Z: Burn Up!! A Close, Intense, Super-Fierce Battle" was revealed on March 6, 1993 between episodes 176 to 177 just before Goku was about to start his fight with Cell... That means the movie was revealed before Goku showed his full power SSjin vs Cell and before any of the Cell Games Z senshi made their debut.. If they never made their debut in the series then how can they be in their Cell Games selves when their Cell Games selves never even made their debut???

gkYSHCL.png

The Daizenshuu says it takes place in the last shadow before the Cell Games.. Some use it to claim they are Cell Games levels but how when it says the last arc before the Cell Games? Remember movies are alternative universe they don't follow the in universe logic so fitting them according to the events of the Anime like they take part of its universe is wrong

Furthermore, the last shadow before the Cell Games is the Perfect Cell Arc so it supports the movie being in their Perfect Cell Arc selves as it's the arc the movie follows..

How Movies work

Movies are alternative universe as said by Akira Toriyama

Akira Toriyama|message:38768332 said:
What is your personal stance on Dragon Ball’s theatrical films, Sensei?
I take the movies as “stories in a different dimension from the main story of the comic”. I’m entirely just an audience member for them.]

That means movies don't fit in the main timeline as I said before and they are alternative universe so anything related to the series plot should not apply for the movies as it's in a different deimmension

Now, every movie follows some arc in the series.. movie 1 follows the Raditz Arc... Movie 2 follows the Saiyan Arc etc etc... In the Cell Saga, there are 4 movies and 4 main arcs... Movie 6 follows the first arc which is the Androids Arc... It's revealed at that point andis based on it seeing as Vegeta going SSjin and Goku respects it.. Coola being some kind of an android... Vegeta saving Goku from Coola in a similar way as he did vs Android 19 etc... M7 follows the Imperfect Cell Arc as the movie was released at that point and Piccolo is Kamiccolo... He talks to Android 13 like he did to Cell and its way after Androids 18 and 17 defeated Gero....Movie 9 is Cell Games Arc and there is no need to explain...

Now, the only arc left is Perfect Cell Arc... The only movie left is movie 8... M8 follows the Perfect Cell Arc as it's made by that point and revealed before the Cell Games.... We already know the scenes in the movies are based on the scenes of the arc it follows as I showed... Now, Vegeta kicks RSSjin Broli in the neck like he did vs Cell and blasts LSSjin Broli like he did with Cell and both walked through it... Broli's transformation to LSSjin is based on Cell's to his perfect form... Broli's hair is green relates to Cell too imo and both make an annoying noise while they walk... Vegeta and Trunks are ASSjins like in the Perfect Cell Arc... In the CG, they are SSjins in the Manga.. The Anime has them as ASSjin but the movie was revealed before the Cell Games in the Anime.. Gohan and Goku being taken from their initial MSSjin state all proves movie 8 follows the Perfect Cell Arc.. It's a fact...

Now we know movies are alternative universe based on the arc they follow.. Movie 8 is based on the Perfect Cell Arc and ONLY WHAT'S SHOWN in the Perfect Cell Arc and not anything else just like any movie is based on only what's shown in his only arc

Furthermore, you should know Manga has no relation to movies when it comes to date releases... Movies follow the Anime and are made for the Anime fans... Both made by TOEI.. They reveal the movies according to the Anime episodes.... Movie 1 was revealed when Goku used Kaioken X3 vs Vegeta in the Manga but movie 1 is Raditz Arc as the Anime was only at that point... Movie 2 was revealed when Vegeta fought Zarbon in the Manga but movie 2 is based on the Saiyan Arc as it was the only arc the Anime had at that point etc etc

So let's not start with the bullshit of them appearing in the manga as we know that movies follow the Anime and the Anime preceeds them.. Even in the Manga, the movie came when Cell just showed his full power in the Manga meaning the movie was made before Vegeta and Trunks even fought in their Cell Games selves lol... And again, Cell is not mentioned in the movie nor the Cell Games because it never existed in movie 8 universe... There is a reason Trunks's SSjinG 3 form didnt exist in movie 8.. It's alternative universe based on the Perfect Cell Arc... Please read it over until you get it LOL

How Strong Are Vegeta and Trunks

This is not much debatable but I would say it... It's a fact movie 8 Vegeta and Trunks are 1st RoSaT and based on their Perfect Cell Arc selves.... Vegeta's fight vs Broli when he kicks his neck and blasts him is based on his fight vs Cell because they are the same level... They are ASSjins as shown in the design when in the Cell Games they are SSjins

latest

The written words in the design say "Super Vegeta" which is what he calls himself when he fought Cell.. Furthermore, his design his copied from his fight with Cell as he was 1st RoSaT

Compare the Vegeta in the right side to the Vegeta in this panel below

dragon-ball-70619.jpg

Compare Vegeta from the left of the concept to Vegeta in that panel

Dragon%20Ball%20Z%20v16-090_795.jpg

Compare Vegeta from the middle of the concept art to Vegeta in the last panel of the Manga

dragon-ball-70633.jpg

2ns5f7b.jpg

Trunks is the OVA which happened after movie 8 has short hair here meaning he is not his 2nd RoSaT even in the OVA

As for Piccolo.. We know CG Piccolo should be at least as strong as ASSjin Vegeta.. Some put him not that far from Trunks and Vegeta... Movie 8 Vegeta is the second strongest seeing as how his energy made the biggest effect vs Broli... M8 Piccolo is weaker than M8 Vegeta so M8 Piccolo is weaker than his Cell Games.. Movie 8 is Perfect Cell Arc uinverse so Piccolo should be between his Kamiccolo state to his cell games self in movie 8.... Gohan was clearly a weakling and fought in par with Trunks... So we know M8 Z fighters are way weaker as they are based on their Perfect Cell Arc selves...

Movie 8 Goku And Gohan

Movie 8 Gohan design

15gq9kz.jpg

It's copied from

Dragon%20Ball%20Z%20v17-065_795.jpg

Dragon%20Ball%20Z%20v17-069_795.jpg

Dragon%20Ball%20Z%20v17-084_795.jpg

You can see Gohan was taken from his 10 days state after he initialy existed the RoSaT

There is even one image copied from the RoSaT when they were about to finish their training!!

Now M8 Gohan is also identicl to his resting state...

Movie 8 Gohan

images

10 days resting Gohan

images

This is Cell Games Gohan

images

You can see that both movie 8 Gohan and resting Gohan are identical and Cell Games Gohan is clearly different.. His eyes are not round and he has a huge flare aura...

ssj_gohan_movie_9.jpeg

Movie 9 Gohan is identical to his Cell Games self though because movie 9 is Cell Games...

Now the most complicated part that some don't understand...

We know movie 8 was revealed before the Cell Games in the Anime and before Goku showed his full power vs Cell so he can't be his Cell Games selves... Let's see his design for movie 8

117u5bs.jpg

Now let's see where did TOEI copy him from

Dragon%20Ball%20Z%20v17-071_795.jpg

Dragon%20Ball%20Z%20v17-077_795.jpg

Dragon%20Ball%20Z%20v18-022_795.jpg

images

We can see two images were copied from his initial Post RoSaT selves and from his warming up state.. Remember Goku after existing the RoSaT until the his warm up vs Cell had the same power.. We can call it his natural MSSjin state... Now why did TOEI propousely copied Goku in his natural MSSjin state even when he warmed up vs Cell and not Goku's FPSSjin? Note the two images from the ring is Goku in his natural MSSjin before he powered up so no it's not Cell Games Goku's true power...

Going by that, TOEI not only copied resting natural MSSjin Goku straight from the series but Goku is identical to his natural resting MSSjin in movie 8

Movie 8 Goku

DragonballZ-Movie08_1017.jpg

Natural MSSjin Goku in the 10 days for the Cell Games

FPSSJ_Goku_(1).png

Furthermore, the trailer and previe for the movie also protrays Goku and Gohan in their resting states

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXSB66kGd4o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aukNYOXzzE

It can be hinted that they show the preview for the episode and the movie in the second link and show Goku in the end like he was when he beat Broli because M8 Goku after absorbing his energy and Broli are just Cell Games FPSSjin tier.. Remember movie villains surpass the strongest in the Anime and the strongest was SSjinG3 Trunks and 50% MSSjin Goku whose power was not known how to be related to the others....

Furthermore:

Dragon%20Ball%20Z%20v18-024_795.jpg

dragon-ball-z-kai-cell-vs-goku-cart-c.jpg

Notice Trunks's statement about Goku's eyes changing.. That's right... FPSSJin has serious eyes and an aura most of the fight... He doesnt have round eyes... You can see Goku after powering up.... However M8 Goku and Gohan are identical to their natural MSSjin when they rested in the 10 days and they also don't have aura most of the fight like FPSSjins have in the Cell Games but in M9 Gohan and the rest are like their Cell Games selves

Where I go with this? Basically TOEI used initial post rosat Goku and Gohan as their max in movie 8 which is why they are identical.. No Goku is not suppressed... Stop being idiots... We already saw how movies are alternative universe meaning they don't fit the series plot which is why in movie 8 Cell Games is not mentioned and Goku and Gohan are in base.... Movie 8 being based on the Perfect Cell Arc and nothing else which only appeared at that point can be treated for movie 8... That's also why movie 8 Goku is weaker than SSjinG 3 Trunks because no one was known to surpass him... Goku showed half of his power to Korin but it was not known how strong half of his power was in comparasion to anyone else... That's also related to the CG and CG doesnt exist in movie 8 time line... Neither SSjinG3 exists.. It's alternative universe... Get over it.. If there would be a movie released after Freeza used 50% vs Goku and before Goku used Kaioken x20, would you know that 50% Freeza is in par with Kaioken x20 Goku or his full power is close to SSjin Goku? No

Let's not use the excuse of Goku being dead in movie 10 and Gohan having SSjin 2 is proof Cell Games existed in movie 8 because TOEI is inconsistent. In Movie 5 Goku never went to Yardat and in movie 6 he knows Shunkan Ido.. TOEI didn't even know they would make another Broli movie lol. Goku cant be that much stronger than Vegeta because he was surprised that Broli who he knew was stronger than himself could tank Vegeta meaning Goku didnt expect him to do it meaning Goku cant tank Vegeta easily... This also is part of the alternative universe that each movie and his arc which makes it impossinble to have someone from a different arc when they should be the same arc

So in short it's really a fact to have M8 Goku equal to his resting state because he is not known to be stronger than SSjinG3 Trunks in the Perfect Cell Arc AKA movie 8 universe...

Movie 8 Broli Power

Broli can't be in par with Cell.... The highest level shown in the series is 50% MSSjin Goku while Cell's full power was barely in the Manga... Movie villains surpass the strongest level at the anime meaning M8 Broli is > 50% MSSjin Goku... Having Broli in movie 8 being as strong as Perfect Cell is like having Garlic Jr being as strong as Nappa or Slug as strong as 100% Freeza... It's also worth noting that the producer of the movies say new movie villains are stronger than the last ones

Takao Koyama|message:38768332 said:
In handling the scripts for the films, what I always worried about each time was the problem of what to do about the opponent Goku fights against. That’s because, at the very least, they had to be stronger than {the ones from] the previous movie.
After much hard work, I was unable to come up with an opponent stronger than Broli, and fell into a rut where I made him appear three times.
That is to say, there’s the matter of questioning the idea of Broli as the strongest. As you are well aware, vehement opinions on the subject have been flying back and forth on this message board, as well as a variety of [other] websites.]

And no it doesnt mean who only Goku fights... Stop making excuses

Look here

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/t1975007-takao-koyama-thoughts-on-battle-of-gods/

Now if you follow my stance then it makes perfect sense... M8 Goku being his natural MSSjin state was as strong as the Cell who fought Trunks... Trunks was said to surpass Cell and so RSSjin Broli surpasses M8 Goku and tanks Vegeta's kick sligltly better than Cell.. That makes RSSjin Broli as strong as SSjinG3 Trunks

Broli then does a shocking power up that makes everyone scared like when Goku powered up for Korrin... It had the same power up traits as Goku too which makes SSjin Broli in par with 50% MSSjin Goku and when going LSSjin he is in par with Cell Games FPSSjin Goku which is why movie 8 was released just before Goku fought Cell...There is also a guidebook saying Broli is based on SSjinG3 Trunks but a better one implying they intended M8 Broli to be Cell Games FPSSjin tier as it's the stronger form of SSjinG3.. It alll fits by the time line feats designs and such..........

http://www.daizex.com/misc_stuff/broli_trunks_fac.jpg

broli_trunks_fac.jpg

It says LSSjin is based on SSjinG 3 but his speed is ultra and its a stronger form than SSjinG 3... Now, Cell Games FPSSjin Goku is said in this guidebook to be SSjin Grade 4 because it was before official names were given..... Broli being a stronger form of SSSjinG 3 is another evidence he is Cell Games FPSSjin tier

SIAD

Elite
I see M8 as a hypothetical Time Line, where Vegeta destroyed Cell Semi Perfecto. A few days pass and M8 occurs. All this, while Cell regenerates and finds # 18.

I have:

Goku SSJ (M8) = Goku SSJ (Relaxed vs. Cell).
Vegeta and Trunks (M8) = Same as their counterparts in the First Rosat.
Piccolo (M8) = slightly lower than ASSJ Trunks.
Gohan SSJ (M8) = slightly lower than Piccolo (M8) and far superior to Semi-Perfect Cell.
Broly LSSJ (M8) = A little stronger than Goku SSJ (Boo), somewhat inferior to Bojack and comfortably inferior to Perfect Cell (FP).

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I could be somewhat convinced to believe such for most of those. However, Goku and Vegeta I find hard to place below their Cell Games counterparts. For instance, I struggle to see the reason as for placing a Goku who went through the exact same training as his canon counterpart in most people's eyes to end up far weaker, unless you assume this far weaker Gohan held him back. With Vegeta, it wouldn't really make sense for him to still be as strong as his 1st Rosat self when taking into account his character, since he wouldn't just be standing around peacefully like everyone else if such a difference still existed between him and Goku. Of course, you could just say Goku's Rosat gains were as minimal as Gohan and he isn't massively above Vegeta/Trunks, but it still seems a little off when trying to make sense of things, especially when even with it being an alternate timeline, the Daiz peg it as being at the in between Cell becoming Perfect and the Cell Games.

Then again, secondary information tends to be all over the place about where they place Movie 8. Several video games even go as far as to say it takes place before the battle with the Artificial Humans. With something as flawed as that, I can't really argue with anyone viewing it as 1st Rosat, Cell Games or whatever they theorise it being.

Wogman

Low Class Warrior
Fearless Zamasu said:
Wogman said:
Fearless Zamasu said:

Seriously you need to rewatch the movie, Goku tried to saved Gohan for like 3x and even told him to stay away which implies that Gohan was the weakest in the group. So are you telling me that Goku doesn't want Gohan to fight Broly despite Gohan is the strongest in the group? Piccolo saving Gohan is different from Goku saving Gohan because that's what Toei does since M2.

A dad protecting his son, again that proves nothing at all, seeing how even in M9 Goku and Piccolo saved him. I watched the movie many time, I know what happens scene by scene.

Please, Piccolo was practically begging Goku to interfere for Goku to fight Cell because Gohan was a child, despite Gohan being the strongest in the group and Cell begged Goku to hurry up and come back in the fight since Gohan, while stronger, wasn't doing anything.

This argument is weak, in every instance, from M8, M9 and cell games, they treated Gohan like he is the weakest. Even Vegeta thought he was crazy when he went to fight Cell, even after seeing him power up.

So moot point, what other point do you have for Gohan being the weakest ? he didn't do the worse and in every instance he is being protected or looked down upon

Wogman

Low Class Warrior
SIAD said:
I see M8 as a hypothetical Time Line, where Vegeta destroyed Cell Semi Perfecto. A few days pass and M8 occurs. All this, while Cell regenerates and finds # 18.

I have:

Gohan SSJ (M8) = slightly lower than Piccolo (M8) and far superior to Semi-Perfect Cell.
Broly LSSJ (M8) = A little stronger than Goku SSJ (Boo), somewhat inferior to Bojack and comfortably inferior to Perfect Cell (FP).

M10 proves this hypothetical time lime wrong

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
I could be somewhat convinced to believe such for most of those. However, Goku and Vegeta I find hard to place below their Cell Games counterparts. For instance, I struggle to see the reason as for placing a Goku who went through the exact same training as his canon counterpart in most people's eyes to end up far weaker, unless you assume this far weaker Gohan held him back. With Vegeta, it wouldn't really make sense for him to still be as strong as his 1st Rosat self when taking into account his character, since he wouldn't just be standing around peacefully like everyone else if such a difference still existed between him and Goku. Of course, you could just say Goku's Rosat gains were as minimal as Gohan and he isn't massively above Vegeta/Trunks, but it still seems a little off when trying to make sense of things, especially when even with it being an alternate timeline, the Daiz peg it as being at the in between Cell becoming Perfect and the Cell Games.

Then again, secondary information tends to be all over the place about where they place Movie 8. Several video games even go as far as to say it takes place before the battle with the Artificial Humans. With something as flawed as that, I can't really argue with anyone viewing it as 1st Rosat, Cell Games or whatever they theorise it being.
Movies dont follow the series events.. They are alternative universe... M8 Vegeta is indeed 1st rosat.. Its freaking shown... Cell Games Vegeta didnt even exist...

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Wogman said:
Fearless Zamasu said:
Wogman said:

A dad protecting his son, again that proves nothing at all, seeing how even in M9 Goku and Piccolo saved him. I watched the movie many time, I know what happens scene by scene.

Please, Piccolo was practically begging Goku to interfere for Goku to fight Cell because Gohan was a child, despite Gohan being the strongest in the group and Cell begged Goku to hurry up and come back in the fight since Gohan, while stronger, wasn't doing anything.

This argument is weak, in every instance, from M8, M9 and cell games, they treated Gohan like he is the weakest. Even Vegeta thought he was crazy when he went to fight Cell, even after seeing him power up.

So moot point, what other point do you have for Gohan being the weakest ? he didn't do the worse and in every instance he is being protected or looked down upon

That's where your argument falls apart. Piccolo is the only one who treated Gohan as a child but certainly not Goku since Gohan is the strongest of them all in CG but not in the movie since he's the weakest therefore Goku has to save his son without a second thought. Talk about M9 where Gohan was ''TREATED'' to be the strongest by Goku and Piccolo too where they told Gohan he has the power to destroy Bojack which is not the case in M8 since he's the weakest.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Pakl said:
Movies dont follow the series events.. They are alternative universe... M8 Vegeta is indeed 1st rosat.. Its freaking shown... Cell Games Vegeta didnt even exist...
What I was saying was it wouldn't make sense in-character for Vegeta to still allow himself to be several times weaker than Goku. I don't have a problem with it not being the same as his Cell Games self, or Goku not being so either due to Gohan's crappy Rosat gains in this universe, though in-series, it'd make more sense for Vegeta to at least be moderately above his 1st Rosat self in Movie 8.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
Pakl said:
What I was saying was it wouldn't make sense in-character for Vegeta to still allow himself to be several times weaker than Goku. I don't have a problem with it not being the same as his Cell Games self, or Goku not being so either due to Gohan's crappy Rosat gains in this universe, though in-series, it'd make more sense for Vegeta to at least be moderately above his 1st Rosat self in Movie 8.

But movies dont follow in series logic... I actually have M8 Goku in par with his resting warm up state and which is is in par with Warm Up Cell and Vegeta being somewhat closer to him

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
You don't seem to be seeing the point I was making about "in-series". I was referring more to in-character logic rather than the flow of the canon, or to put it more bluntly, Vegeta wouldn't be sitting around like he was at the start of the movie if Goku was still several times stronger than him.

I can go with Movie 8 Goku being equal to his 50% or Warm Up self, though Vegeta would still need to have done more training to have closed the gap somewhat, even if not to the extent of his Cell Games self. I'd assume he still went through a 2nd Rosat training, but got far lower gains akin to M8 Gohan/Goku getting nerfed gains. Trunks is still likely his 1st Rosat self, though.

p123

Elite
It's stated twice that Broly may or is stronger than the group. There is no clear pecking order to who is the strongest. Obviously it is Goku, but it's made clear twice that there is no huge lead going on here.

It's clear that Goku and Gohan are not CG level, for some reason they are much weaker and are only around Vegeta's level he had against Cell.

So our theory is that they exited earlier than expected.

It makes sense if you let it.

SIAD

Elite
I was just going to say what P123 said. I think that after Vegeta destroyed Cell Semi Perfecto, they told Goku and Gohan that Cell had been killed and for the same reason, Goku and his son left before Rosat.

SIAD

Elite
Wogman said:
SIAD said:

I have:

M10 proves this hypothetical time lime wrong

After M8 occurs. The Z Warriors return to Earth and encounter Perfected Cell. A if they start to train. As the days go by, the Cell Tournament begins. Another 7 years pass and starts M10.

Latest profile posts

Papasmurf wrote on Yoshi's profile.
Just heard about your brother passing away, sorry for your loss Yoshi.